cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception Fluctuation

dtran3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I just recently joined PM, and so far things are going well. But one thing that I noticed was that my cellphone reception fluctuates quite a bit, it's never really stable no matter where I am. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? The device I am using is a ZTE Axon 7.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

dmirny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just switched from Rogers to Public Mobile and noticed signal fluctuation as well.  To resolve, removed SIM and battery, put both back in and restarted phone.  Then went to settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > SIM > change connection speed to 4G (was LTE) and changed Network Selection to Public Mobile.  Way more stable since making these changes.

dtran3

Sorry I'm back a day late. So after testing the network on 3g, instead of lte, it does look like it is more stable. I do get some fluctuations here and there, but overall it is looking better! 

Thank you! 

dtran3

@will13amOkay will do! I'll report back on Saturday morning with the results of this experiment! Thank you for the quick reply and the help!

How about switching the phone to 3G to see if that helps.  If both LTE and 3G yield identical results, I would be that much more suspicious of the phone.  You are located in a big city.  If the network was having that many issues, Telus would be flooded with reports of network outages.  Something like that if real won't last long. 

dtran3

Previously I was on Wind (which later became Freedom Mobile). I live on the North side of Edmonton, and even in places such as Downtown I still see varying signal strength. You're definitely right though, it may just be a problem with my device, I am unsure. Is there any way to know for sure?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dtran3, what carrier brand did you use previously?  Public Mobile runs on the Bellus network which is rock solid.  Depending on location, all networks have their weak coverage areas.  Universally having fluctuating signal is not normal.  The Axon has a large number of compatible LTE bands to connect to.  I would be suspicious of something wrong with the phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.