cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Port - Service Issues

bc88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently activated a sim card and purchased a monthly plan with Public Mobile.

I attempted to port my old prepaid inactive rogers number (Rogers) on August 24, 2021.

It is now August 26, 2021 and I am unable to receive incoming calls, send or receive text messages and I am unable to use any data, however I can make outgoing calls and public mobile seems to have assigned this old number to me.

I am no longer interested in porting my old inactive number to Public Mobile.

Instead I want a new phone number assigned to my CURRENTLY ACTIVE AND PAID FOR MONTHLY PLAN.

Please help me fix this issue ASAP.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bc88 

sorry you have to reply back and give them full info maybe the answer to you for someone also and send to you by wrong you know.

bc88

This is what they send me over and over, which is not relevant at all to my situation:

"Hello bc88,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to port a number from another provider towards a new provider, you will need to have an active account with the old provider.

If you wish to activate with a new account you can follow the link below:

https://bit.ly/3rpHbrB

Regards,

Alan_T

CS_Agent"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bc88 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@bc88 wrote:

bc88_0-1630002970262.png

Does not let me change the number.

If you can't change your number, you'll need help from a Customer Support Agent. Top of this page, click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start that process. Watch the little envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond. Please allow a coupla hours for them to get back to you...usually much less.

edit...or click on this link...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bc88 : Can you try a different browser or clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/privacy mode.

I had the same error when I changed my number a year ago. I eventually had to ask the CSA's after trying suggestions. But then another account changed just fine.

bc88

bc88_0-1630002970262.png

Sorry, my anger was directed at the customer agents, who have chosen to not read my messages and send me the same generic blurbs/links.

bc88

bc88_0-1630002970262.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bc88 : You can't port an inactive number. Your port has failed. Use the Change Number function to select a new number.

As for data: you need to set the APN to what this place needs. If you post screenshots of what you have then we could help.

And of course turn on cell data.

Edit: nobody here needs your attitude. We're all fellow customers just trying to help. Ask for help. Don't judge what you get. Jeez

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bc88...log into My Account...you can find the My Profile / Change Number button.

Need Help? Let's chat.