cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Call Quality Issue

aeroball
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone,

I have been with PM for a while and never had issues. Roughly in the past 2-3 weeks, my call quality has been horrendous. People are constantly telling me I'm cutting in and out and they can barely understand what I'm saying. I thought it was my phone at first, but when I record my own voice on the phone, it sounds fine. So the phone mic works. It must be PM then. Anyone aware of why I'm experiencing this? How can I solve this issue ?

11 REPLIES 11

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@aeroball wrote:

@Watoko wrote:

When you make or take a call next time, check the signal strength. Is it at a full 4 bars or is it at 1-2 bars? If its the latter, that could be the reason. Does the poor quality happen at certain locations, or all around?

Its at half bars most of the time. Isnt half bars sufficient for calls though? It seems kind of random, sometimes calls are fine, most of the time they are not.

Subjective. If you're only getting 2 bars in 3G, then you're in an area that has awful reception. I mention 3G because calls are done in 3G.

aeroball

@srlawren wrote:

@aeroball pardon if this seems like a dumb question--but have you tried rebooting your phone?

Yes. Many times.

aeroball

Tried with a WIND/Freedom sim card, call was much better and other person didnt complain. Its definitely Public, might just be my area?

aeroball

@Watoko wrote:

When you make or take a call next time, check the signal strength. Is it at a full 4 bars or is it at 1-2 bars? If its the latter, that could be the reason. Does the poor quality happen at certain locations, or all around?

Its at half bars most of the time. Isnt half bars sufficient for calls though? It seems kind of random, sometimes calls are fine, most of the time they are not.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aeroball pardon if this seems like a dumb question--but have you tried rebooting your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Many times it happens other than network issue is there is glitch on phone.  

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

aeroball

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@aeroball wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@aeroball wrote:

Hey everyone,

I have been with PM for a while and never had issues. Roughly in the past 2-3 weeks, my call quality has been horrendous. People are constantly telling me I'm cutting in and out and they can barely understand what I'm saying. I thought it was my phone at first, but when I record my own voice on the phone, it sounds fine. So the phone mic works. It must be PM then. Anyone aware of why I'm experiencing this? How can I solve this issue ?

So are you doing a voice recording or recording while you are on the phone.  Have you done any updates to your phone in that time.  Could it be an antenna issue creating reception problems in your phone?

recording voice memos, not recording the phone conversation. This was to test the phone mic, which works fine because the voice memos come out nice and clear. 

How would I check phone antenna issues? Is there a way to test this? 

I have the pixel phone, so it is always updating automatically. 

So it probably just went to Pie.  An easy way to check (maybe) is if you have another providers sim or another phone.  You could thryt he other providers sim in your phone and see if you still get the issue or you can put your sim in another phone that way it will let you know if it is a network issue.

Calling over Facebook messenger sounds fine to everyone as well. It definitely either the phone cell antenna or public at this point. Will update soon as I have tried it with swapped SIM. 

@aeroball wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@aeroball wrote:

Hey everyone,

So are you doing a voice recording or recording while you are on the phone.  Have you done any updates to your phone in that time.  Could it be an antenna issue creating reception problems in your phone?

recording voice memos, not recording the phone conversation. This was to test the phone mic, which works fine because the voice memos come out nice and clear. 

So it probably just went to Pie.  An easy way to check (maybe) is if you have another providers sim or another phone.  You could thryt he other providers sim in your phone and see if you still get the issue or you can put your sim in another phone that way it will let you know if it is a network issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

aeroball

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@aeroball wrote:

Hey everyone,

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@aeroball wrote:

Hey everyone,

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.