cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving pictures via text (MMS) twice

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just joined PM yesterday.  With previous provider I was receiving images via text twice.  This has continued with PM.

A slight annoyance (I assume MMS messages are included with texting?).

Android phone.

14 REPLIES 14

rossputin

I use SMS backup and restore. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Stock android messaging is a great app, probably better than any third party option.  If you want to save and pass the message and call history from phone to phone, try SMS backup and restore app.  It pulls the history and saves them in a file that can be moved from phone to phone and emailed also.

rossputin

So bizarre.  After reinstalling Textra it now has a bunch of old messages even PRIOR to that of my old phone (which I'm okay with) for at least one contact. Like back to October 2016.

Whereas the oldest message on my old phone only goes back to February 2018.

Is that bizarre or what?

Will monitor for future double mms's

@rossputin wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@rossputin  Can you post a screenshot of your APN settings. Also, clear the cache on your textra app and then choose force close. Restart you phone 

APN=Access Point Networks?

Yes

I uninstalled Textra.  Cleaning cache and force close still necessary?

No

@rossputin wrote:

Just joined PM yesterday.  With previous provider I was receiving images via text twice.  This has continued with PM.

A slight annoyance (I assume MMS messages are included with texting?).

Android phone.

For easiest troubleshoot, I would suggest sending the MMS messages to yourself from the same phone.  This way, you don't have to ask someone else to send you one.  Although this probably isn't carrier issue because this was happening before too, this also completely rules out any issues at another carrier.

rossputin

@geopublic wrote:

@rossputin  Can you post a screenshot of your APN settings. Also, clear the cache on your textra app and then choose force close. Restart you phone 

APN=Access Point Networks?

I uninstalled Textra.  Cleaning cache and force close still necessary?

rossputin

Probably the app Textra.

Gonna try Android Messages for a bit and see if it continues. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rossputin 

Restart your phone after switching SIM card may solve your problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

While there may be some experts here that might have ideas, I gotta say that since this problem was also with your previous carrier...it's your phone. I know you didn't say you thought it was this place but it simply seems to be your phone.

I primarily use the stock Samsung texting app and also Textnow secondarily. I don't receive a whole lotta MMS's but I can't say as I've received duplicates.

rossputin

I did look through the stock app and oddly SOME images were received twice.  Some not.

Further to a point about Textra, when I got my new phone it would not import all my messages. Blocks missing.  Which is a bit of a drag since some texts from friends I want for "all time".

Thank you. 

Any android "experts " wanna chime in?

@rossputin 

Might want to try a different text app to see whether the same issue.  I did a quick google search and there have been other users having the same issue.  

Maybe one of the android experts can chime in.  I have more experience with iphones.

rossputin

Textra

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rossputin 

Probably an issue with your messaging app.  Which messaging app are you using?  The original one that came with phone or 3rd party app?

Need Help? Let's chat.