cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving MMS's

illyas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it a requirement that my data be turned on to receive MMS's? It's quite annoying because I don't have much data to spare but also don't want to miss a message. Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

illyas

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately Apple doesn't have that setting.

illyas

Thanks for the reply! It sucks that Apple doesn't have a switch for this or something.

Umidigi F2 also has it.🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@geopublic  do you know a few models that does this?. I have a Huawei P30 Pro and a Normal P30 and they don't do this

Although my old honor 6x I could use MMS with data completely off.

Samsung S7 running A8. You can watch the LTE icon turn on then off. If you're that bored 🙂

It doesn't grab the buffer either.

All Pixels running Android 10 have it. Not sure about other models.

@geopublic  do you know a few models that does this?. I have a Huawei P30 Pro and a Normal P30 and they don't do this

Although my old honor 6x I could use MMS with data completely off.

You can adjust your settings on your phone to ensure no apps run in background. 

That everything updates over wifi.

If you have google maps, you can set it to wifi only and download offline maps. (You won't get real time traffic's but you'll still get the map and girl talking with offline maps)

Also ensure you turn off Wi-Fi assist on iPhone and wifi + on androids. Which automatically connects to data if wifi signal is weak.

I have 250mb and with everything set correctly the amount of data is a non issue.

That is if you want to leave data on all the time.

Or as @gblackma suggested. You can leave data off...when someone sends a MMS . you'll see "download now"..then turn data on for a second to download the picture then turn it off. Do the same when you want to send an MMS..turn data on for a second, click send, once it's sent turn it back off.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@illyas  Newer phones have a setting that will automatically toggle data on and then off again when an MMS is received. If your phone does not have that setting then you will need to turn it on manually.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@illyas  yes, but you can keep it off until you receive an mms text message.  Then turn it on and select the message to download it. Mms doesn't use plan data. Stay safe  

Need Help? Let's chat.