cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received somebody else's statement through email and can't reply to let the sender know

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

I'm not sure if someboyd else had simillar issue, but i couldn't find it
I recently requested the yearly statement for tax purposes and I am expecting such email.

The thing is, it is from koodo service, for someody that has very similar (but not the same) account number, only one digint (4th from the right) is different.

I heard that koodo and pm use the same system, and since (it looks like) we both made requests recently and have similar number, i can understand the mixup.

but since the email is sevice@ the automated response informed me it will not be received nor read by anybody.

what do i do to let koodo know about the mixup
and how do i find out if somebody else got mine

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

hi

i didn't really ask them to undo it, to unsend the email
i had issue with not being able to alert koodo, the sender of the email to let them know what had happened and to verify if i'm still getting my invoice
After RobertQc connected me to the right person both of it was taken care of, i was able to get rid of that email and they had chance to figured out why and how it happened so that it doesn't happen again.
I am not sure how koodo will proceed with it, and i doubt they would let me know

cheers

@kselmak wrote:

Thank you very much for your help, i got contacted by moderator team and everything should be resolved now

I don't see that as really resolved because that person's information has already been exposed. I know that you would not do anything with this info but shouldn't have happened.  They're going to have to apologise to the other person, maybe give goodwill credit and put some type of system up to prevent that.

Thank you very much for your help, i got contacted by moderator team and everything should be resolved now

hi

yes i do totally understand that, when i realised it's not for me i didn't go through the document, the account number was in the body of the message and it did look a lot like my number so i compared. i was just shocked it was koodo, if it was from pm i would have probably opened hte attachment.. i can kinda see preview and ghere is a big koodo logo in top left corner

i'm pretty sure there is the person's full name and phone numer there too, so they are probably gonna be very upset that it ended up in my mailbox.

the only reason i didn't delete it yet is if i do get questions from kodcdo representative or  customer service about it so i can answer.

to be hones i don't feel very comfortable having it, i'm not paranoid but if anything happens i don't wanna be the one who had access to anything.

i also hope that nobody received my copy either, and if it did happen, that they don't try to use it inapropriately

thanks

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@kselmakHumans make errors, thats why we need a self-accessible statement generator with a ticket system in built into self serve. It is not the first time wrong information / wrong recipient mixup has happened around here. Depending on what information was on that invoice, you could contact the true owner of that statement, start harrasing them and tell them public mobile sent you, their details. (Not suggesting you do that, please DONT do it) but this could be very bad all around.  @Alan_K @CS_Agent

thanks for the hint, that was so obvious and i didn't see those dots
i guess can contact the person who responded to my original request to follow up
would be also nice to contact koodo about the mixup so that they have chance to fix it, without opening an account with them

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kselmak

Click on the 3 dots symbol on the top right of your post to edit your post.

About the wrong statement, you need to send a private message to moderator to get the correct statement.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

sorry i don't know how to edit a post, when i said number i meant account number not the pone number

thanks again

Need Help? Let's chat.