cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an text msg from pm for koodo 5gb plan

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I just received this text does anyone else received it

Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you. For an additional $10/month, upgrade to unlimited nation-wide minutes and get another 1GB of data at Koodo! That means you can get 5GB and unlimited nation-wide minutes for only $50/month on a Koodo monthly bill! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 smartphone on Tab! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxx only. Offer ends September 4th, 2017. Visit your nearest Koodo location at 2206765 ONTARIO INC. and show promo code xxxxxxx You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
168 REPLIES 168

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mosor wrote:

The funny thing is I would take the Koodo offer but they don't offer it to me. 

@Mosor you might not have too many referral and rewards from PM Cat Happy so, Telus don't mind you stayed with PM

Mosor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The funny thing is I would take the Koodo offer but they don't offer it to me. 

splendor903

I have 2 accounts in Public mobile (12GB/90 days) and I got Koodo offer for one. I am leaning towards Koodo offer for the one i got as it helps me to schedule phone replacement with Koodo tab when good activation credits are offered. Hope this works better in overall savings

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am sure Koodo is not even looking at the date you renew with PM. I think it would be a very good idea for them to extend or give longer expiry dates on these offers. However, for me, I will not switch unless Koodo comes out with a better offer. It makes no sense to switch to a plan that is so much more expensive and only gives you one extra gig of data and nation wide calling. 

Wonder_why

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

Hey everyone, 

Well as I said, if you pay for your plan and decide you want to switch to Koodo before your plan ends, you will not be credited for the unused days on your current plan. Since we're prepaid, you pay the full amount for your plan upfront and there is no way to get a refund or a credit if you decide to stop using your service midway into your plan. That's why we recommend switching to Koodo close to your renewal date, so you don't lose days of service you paid for and won't end up using.

However, if there's money left in your account balance (what you see as 'available funds' on your self-serve), it will get transferred to your Koodo balance. Most people have in general 0$ in their account balance but if you do have some money, it will not be lost and will get transferred over. 

Also note that a maximum of 300$ can get transferred from your PM balance to your Koodo balance. If you have more than 300$ in your account balance (which honestly doesn't really happen, I don't think I've ever seen that but thought I'd mention it just in case), only 300$ will get transferred and the rest will be lost. 

I hope I was able to make myself clear but please let me know if you guys have any other questions! 

Marie

@MarieHelene_L but why PM send Koodo 5GB Data text messages to switch over, there know we/I just renew with PM, why not give us longer extensions time instead good till September 16th ?

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good to know thx

MarieHelene_L

Hey everyone, 

Well as I said, if you pay for your plan and decide you want to switch to Koodo before your plan ends, you will not be credited for the unused days on your current plan. Since we're prepaid, you pay the full amount for your plan upfront and there is no way to get a refund or a credit if you decide to stop using your service midway into your plan. That's why we recommend switching to Koodo close to your renewal date, so you don't lose days of service you paid for and won't end up using.

However, if there's money left in your account balance (what you see as 'available funds' on your self-serve), it will get transferred to your Koodo balance. Most people have in general 0$ in their account balance but if you do have some money, it will not be lost and will get transferred over. 

Also note that a maximum of 300$ can get transferred from your PM balance to your Koodo balance. If you have more than 300$ in your account balance (which honestly doesn't really happen, I don't think I've ever seen that but thought I'd mention it just in case), only 300$ will get transferred and the rest will be lost. 

I hope I was able to make myself clear but please let me know if you guys have any other questions! 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Whatever balance in your available funds is what would be transferred. So if you have $8 in availabile funds, that's what would be transferred to Koodo 

MF

I would also appreciate some clarification on this.

peosteve

Can we get clarification on this? Once I've paid for 3 months, the money is gone. I think the moderator is saying any balance is transferred, meaning any remaining money in your account, after your 3 months are paid. So, if you're in the middle of a three month period, I'm guessing no money will be ported. 

splendor903

Thanks for letting us know. It's nice to know credit balance would be transferred to Koodo if ported. Cheers!!!

Michael77

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

Hey @splendor903

Good question! If you have some money left in your PM account balance, it will get transferred to your Koodo account! It might not happen immediately, but you should see it appears within your first 3 billing cycle 🙂

Marie

That's nice to hear. 🙂

MarieHelene_L

Hey @splendor903

Good question! If you have some money left in your PM account balance, it will get transferred to your Koodo account! It might not happen immediately, but you should see it appears within your first 3 billing cycle 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

MF

The credit balance cannot, afaik, be ported over to koodo. My understanding is that what you have here at PM stays here. 

splendor903

Hi Marie,

OK. No refund for unused days. What happens to credit balance in my account? Can it be ported to Koodomobile?

Please advise.

mdeze

Thats alright. Thanks @MarieHelene_L

MarieHelene_L

Hey @mdeze

Unfortunately no you wouldn't get refunded for any unused days left on your plan! As a prepaid service, we can't do any pro rata charging 🙂

Marie

mdeze

I just got the text from PM too. I am tempted to switch it but I have already paid for my 90 days until november. Would I get a refund for the amount that I never used (2 months out of 3). Any ideas anyone? Mods? @Jeremy_M

Grampa

The Koodo text offer qualifies for medium tab only. If they don't have a deal on the V30 by your Oct.2 deadline, take the G6 with $400 discount. After 3 months you can pay off your tab anytime and get another discounted phone.  Maybe the V30 will be a better deal at that time. I took the G6 and love it but the V30 looks tempting, might switch when there is a deal on it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MF as always, the answer of whether something is a good deal or a good idea, is "it depends".  You're right that it might be cheaper to buy the phone outright at the Apple store (or  other source).  But, not everyone can afford or justify the $$$ up front.  However, there ARE cases when it can be significantly cheaper to buy the phone on the tab.  For example, right now, Koodo have both the LG G6 and Samsung S7 on sale by way of a $400 activation credit. So if you buy it on the large tab for $21/month for 24 months, it costs you $501 instead of $900 to buy it outright.  That said, you can probably find either phone unlocked and outright for less than $900, but the $501 price point is pretty good!

EDIT:  @xCameron94x yes, or that!  preferably!  I'm tempted by that G6, but still kinda want to wait for the V30.  Or maybe I'll end up just picking up a OnePlus 5 after all.  Hard to say lol.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MF wrote:

@srlawren Out of curiosity, I actually looked at the costs of a phone on a medium tab. For an iPhone 7 128 GB it's $450.00 on a medium tab, plus $15.00 a month for 2 years. That seems pretty pricey. For that amount, it makes more sense to get one outright on eBay or the Apple store.

Or don't buy an iPhone 😂

MF

@srlawren Out of curiosity, I actually looked at the costs of a phone on a medium tab. For an iPhone 7 128 GB it's $450.00 on a medium tab, plus $15.00 a month for 2 years. That seems pretty pricey. For that amount, it makes more sense to get one outright on eBay or the Apple store.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Garry don't forget the upgrade from province-wide calling to Canada-wide calling, the addition of call centre and physical store support (if desirable), and yes the option to go on a tab if desired.  It might actually be enough to provide an extra $10 of value per month to some people.  If it weren't for community, referral, and loyalty discounts, I'd probably be pretty tempted myself; but as it is, I'm not likely to take them up on this offer.  Oh right, which I also received finally today by text.  The current batch appears to be good through Oct 2nd.  I'll think about it a bit--if I really do decide I MUST have an LG V30, and given that it's going to be very pricey, the ability to do the tab for a chunk of it might actually make this worthwhile.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why offer more??? They're just trying to pick away at some low hanging fruit right now. They  know that some people require a tab to purchase a new phone and are using that position to increase their arpu. 

Offering people 25% more data and asking them to pay a minimum of 32% more is just plain foolishness................

Michael77

You would think Koodo would offer something better.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Received mine today... not a very convincing deal

MF

I think they are simply rolling out promos in stages.

I have been on PM since the beta tester days and have the 12 gig/120 dollar promo. I'm in Toronto.

I just got the Koodo text promo. The deal doesn't make sense for me given monthly rewards. If someone is on the same PM plan and needs a phone, more data or Canada wide calls and hads no rewards, then a switch might be worth it.

If you haven't gotten a text yet, just hang tight. I suspect everyone will eventually get offered it if they are on the PM fall 2016 promo. 

Balanceman

Yes, I believe that this must be a factor.  Based on what I've read, the majority who have received the plan are on the 12GB/3 month plans.

Michael77

For the most part, I think Koodo is sending text messages based on where you live and type of plan you have.

Balanceman

I mean, maybe Public Mobile is sending transfer requests to persons who have referred a lot of people?  I mean, it makes sense to attack the tree stem than the branches itself.

But my response is also based on speculation.

Need Help? Let's chat.