cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a text from Public Mobile about Koodo

sparky2015
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would like to know what's going on. Is Public Mobile switching over to Koodo? Did anyone else receive the same text about switching to Koodo?

30 REPLIES 30

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@biosaritha strange. You could try this: browse to Koodomobile.com. In the Shop menu, choose being your own phone. This will prompt you to add a SIM card to your cart. Do that, and on the next page click Got a promo code? link and enter GOKOODO406GB. It should ask for your current phone number to verify. Click apply and if it gives you an error, for some reason your line is not qualified for the offer.  If it doesn't give you an error, and you want to order online, go to the Shop menu again and choose Plans .You should see the "sweet deal" plan highlighted in yellow or orange if I remember correctly. Or, now that you know you qualify,head to your local Koodo retail location to sign up and give them that same code above.

Edit: I did just send you a private message with a Koodo referral code link if you end up needing one. Just in case. Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

biosaritha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sent mesage but no response. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@biosaritha the plan you're on is indeed one of the ones targetted.  Did you previously opt out of text messages from Public Mobile by responding "unsubscribe" to one of their texts?

Try sending a new text message to 5133 with the text "OFFER".  it should almost immediately reply with the offer.  Hurry, today is the last day.  If you'd like a Koodo referral code, let me know and I"ll send you my link by private message.  It only takes you a couple of mins--there's a step to do before you order your SIM online or visit a Koodo kiosk today, and a step to do after you are activated and have ported your number over from Public Mobile--and will earn us each a $25 bill credit in 8-10 weeks.  Let me know and I'll send it to you right away.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

biosaritha
Hi,

Nov-14-2016 I took the plan $120 per 90 days, recently my friend got a message from public mobile to switch to KOODO for the  plan 40$ (6GB plan + 100 $ credit).

I am not sure why I did not received that message. whome should i cantact for this offer

Morpheus

I was offered at last, but I just paid my 120$/90days (minus some credit) in mid August. Nice timing!

Seriously, I am not going anywhere, if I dont received any credits left in my PM account. Moving there is like losing $110 and paying $10 more each month.

@aymanx Telus is not planning to close PM; too much effort is being extended to gain customers. Telus just seems to balancing customers between PM and Koodo to maximize revenue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

aymanx

I received a text today with offer to switch to koodo and pay extra 10 dollars and get ulimited Canada instead of unlimited ontario and 1 extra gig of data plus a new phone. I am not a legacy customer. I actually signed up to PM when they offered the 4 gig plan for 40 dollars. so I don't think it is about the phone support because I joined PM when phone support was not part of the service.

I am afraid they are trying to discontinue the PM brand slowly.

I do save few dollars by referring about 3 other friends plus auto pay every 3 months so I do get a good deal considering what other people pay for 4 gig with other providers. 

I would hope PM stays as I self maintain myself and I don't care about phone support.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That is what happens when you make minimum wage and rely on commissions to bring home the bread.

Ok to be clear to anyone reading this thread

This offer while sponsered by Koodo is NOT being abused by Koodo

The abuse is happening by 3rd party reps operating under the Koodo brand

We won't name names but you know how when you walk into a mall?

You see the Koodo kiosk and the other brand Kiosk that sells Koodo phones?

This is being done by the other guys

They are trying to take advantage to get extra commissions

clavijo

hi , 

i don't think that koodo reps are bad , just following orders if you have a grandfathered account with everything unlimited on a LTD 4G network and at very low price they are loosing money , if you move to koodo on a 2 year contract you may have customer service but at the end of the contract you will be offer a normal contract ( i had an account on PM for $25 a month with unlimited everything just the reception was very bad at my house so i had to close it)

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

This is at least the 3rd thread I have seen about this & how Koodo reps keep claiming Public going out of business

Bad reps

@dohadotahmed you do realize they can not "force" you to change carriers right?

Prepay has less restrictions in wireless code but no way does that fly

Yo Koodo... NOT COOL based on @kav2001c's comment.

I'm sure the PM peeps have had a chat with the Koodo peeps regarding some internal talking points by now....

This is at least the 3rd thread I have seen about this & how Koodo reps keep claiming Public going out of business

Bad reps

@dohadotahmed you do realize they can not "force" you to change carriers right?

Prepay has less restrictions in wireless code but no way does that fly

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thanks @outdoorsaddix for your explanation. Yes you are right but I was thinking about how rogers shutdown mobilicity and forced the customer to join to chatr.

outdoorsaddix

@dohadotahmed You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. 

Its a better customer experience to be suggested to make a change than to be forced. The people that go willingly will be more likley to be happy long term. 

They might eventually force people over, but they probably want to move everyone they can through this method first. 

dohadotahmed
As other people are thinking telus want to reduce the cost of phone support for the grandfathered pm plans. They are offering the same pm plan on koodo with one month of service free of cost. But if they want to close the phone support then why don't they force the grandfathered customer to switch to koodo?

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

@NDesai  Odd that they would grandfather over to koodo? or no.

Maybe the plans at koodo more resemble the grandfathered plans from PM?

Not sure why koodo. They are allowing you to keep the same plan with additional features. May be PM cannot afford to give any cheaper plans to them and just wants to clear the list of grandfathered customers. 

@NDesai  Odd that they would grandfather over to koodo? or no.

Maybe the plans at koodo more resemble the grandfathered plans from PM?

Update: 

This is real. "Koodo and Public Mobile have engaged to migrate grandfathered customers over. However, please keep in mind that no one is forced to make the switch."

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sparky2015 wrote:

Would like to know what's going on. Is Public Mobile switching over to Koodo? Did anyone else receive the same text about switching to Koodo?

There were Phone calls a while back to Legacy or Pioneer customers who still have phone support.  Kodoo was offering the same plan as what you are on to switch over to them.  It isn't a spam or scam text.  I think the plan would be that if Kodoo can get them over to their service PM would be able to totally discontinue any call support (For Legacy/Pioneer plans) and continue forward as web based only. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@sparky2015 Based on all I have seen this is a joint Koodo/Public Mobile offer. The rationale is opaque, but must be connected with a Telus desire for PM to become a "pure" community supported carrier; i.e. no phone support for anyone. I anticipate the "nudge" becoming a "push" over time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TheOldVR

@Watoko wrote:

From @canucks4life's link:

@Cat_L wrote:

We do have an offer on right now that allows select legacy Public customers to move to Koodo. This campaign is being communicated through an SMS from Public, an email from Koodo, and calls from Koodo Authorized Dealers to those customers who are eligible.

I want to reassure you that TELUS is committed to growing Public Mobile – we are not going anywhere!  This promotion is an offer for loyal Public customers who signed up with us when we had stores and a call centre and we want to ensure that they remain well served by us, and if we’re not meeting their expectations, that they have a choice to join our sister brand, Koodo.

Again, thank you for bringing this forward so we can address it and I apologize for the irritation the email caused.

Cat

Woo hoo!

Watoko

From @canucks4life's link:

@Cat_L wrote:

We do have an offer on right now that allows select legacy Public customers to move to Koodo. This campaign is being communicated through an SMS from Public, an email from Koodo, and calls from Koodo Authorized Dealers to those customers who are eligible.

I want to reassure you that TELUS is committed to growing Public Mobile – we are not going anywhere!  This promotion is an offer for loyal Public customers who signed up with us when we had stores and a call centre and we want to ensure that they remain well served by us, and if we’re not meeting their expectations, that they have a choice to join our sister brand, Koodo.

Again, thank you for bringing this forward so we can address it and I apologize for the irritation the email caused.

Cat

@sparky2015 wrote:

I was grandfathered

here is text

Public mobile here. We have an exclusive limited time offer for you to switch to Koodo on the exact same plan you're on right now. Plus we'll pay the cost of your rate plan for 1 month and you may qualify for a new phone on Koodo Tab! Then it tells me the offer is only valid for my phone number, then tells me were to redeem the offer

Thanks. I assume it was sent from the number 100 or 611. 

We will get in touch with the person in charge and confirm if this is legit. 

Maybe it does have something to do with grandfathered.  But why not switch t o PM current account.

@TheOldVR wrote:

I just complimented PM in another thread.... let's hope they are not trying to shift peeps to Koodo now.

No plans on that. 

sparky2015

I was grandfathered

here is text

Public mobile here. We have an exclusive limited time offer for you to switch to Koodo on the exact same plan you're on right now. Plus we'll pay the cost of your rate plan for 1 month and you may qualify for a new phone on Koodo Tab! Then it tells me the offer is only valid for my phone number, then tells me were to redeem the offer

TheOldVR

As others have said... let's see the message please.

I just complimented PM in another thread.... let's hope they are not trying to shift peeps to Koodo now.

Thanks for shating!!!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Now this is something new. I have heard about emails but not text messages. 

Can you please post what exactly it said?  Are you a brand new user or were you on grandfathered plan?

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM does have a campaign I think for grandfathered clients asking if they would like to transfer over Koodo see below thread.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/I-received-this-email-from-Koodo-on-some-n...

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

that seems very odd?

what did it say?

Sure it wasnt spamm?

Need Help? Let's chat.