cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a call from Koodo !!?!

anmol117
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share with you that I just received a call from a Koodo representative telling me to switch to their service or have my plan increased by $10 starting March. This is 2 days after the decision has been reversed. So what's the actual decision then? It's getting really confusing with everyone saying different things and Koodo apparently unaware of the decision reversal. Please clean up this mess PM !

17 REPLIES 17

The deal to switch is still valid, however the reason to switch has been postoned at this time.

It's up to you if you wish to switch, but Koodo should not be directly calling you to do so.

kevin_camera

I got a call from a Koodo store as well to switch over.  Not sure if this is requested by Koodo management or reps knows that this is a good time to lure customers over (are they commission based?).

Either way, the store that called me was 50km away.  I'm shocked that they think I'd drive that distance when all they are offering is a $100 bill credit 🙂

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chaos_Scorpiowrote:

I just got a call. I hung up after saying no I don't want to switch and they kept talking.

Why are we getting these calls is what I want to know. Why is pm releasing our numbers to the partners???? I'm quite displeased with that.

There might be a way to opt-out, but since PM and Koodo are essentially the same company and seem to share the same database, Koodo has free access to PM customer information in order to up-sell. I normally don't answer unknown numbers and let it go to voicemail instead.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just got a call. I hung up after saying no I don't want to switch and they kept talking.

Why are we getting these calls is what I want to know. Why is pm releasing our numbers to the partners???? I'm quite displeased with that.

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Likely just hasn't been cascaded down to the front line or the part timers yet.

(Don't buy shares in Telus, volatile communications/service sector, ewww ... instead buy dividend-paying shares of a bank!)

PhoneSeeker

@anmol117wrote:

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share with you that I just received a call from a Koodo representative telling me to switch to their service or have my plan increased by $10 starting March. This is 2 days after the decision has been reversed. So what's the actual decision then? It's getting really confusing with everyone saying different things and Koodo apparently unaware of the decision reversal. Please clean up this mess PM !

You should switch to Koodo post-paid so that you can create value for Telus shareholders. Heck, you should buy Telus shares yourself and share the winnings. I'm sure many Telus employees and shareholders are disappointed that more PM customers didn't switch to Koodo post-paid. They want to show that they've increased post-paid subscriber counts in order to up the stock price for their March quarterly earnings report. 

ulovebass

@anmol117wrote:

The strange part is that he wasn't just hoping I'd switch but said that Koodo has bought out PM and it's necessary to switch. He told me the address of my closest Koodo location and was adamant that my service would be cancelled if I didn't switch. Very interesting how forceful and deceptive this whole scenario is turning out to be.

always ask name and ref# of the person you talk with.  😕

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

An uninformed overzealous salesperson trying to get you to switch with now untrue scare tactics. And apparently it worked as your worried.

No price increase if you want to go to Koodo call him back see what else he can do for you... Medium tab or deal on a phone.

Executive level has posted on the forum, take a look.   It has all the latest details. 

Whoever said that to you either not informed or just trying to get you over. Smiley Happy

This is chaos.  Apparently they werent planned it properly.

I don't trust salesmen, lol.  I shut down, cut off, hang up, and walk away from any unsolicited attempt to approach me with the intent of selling something.  It's the "face-to-face" version of skipping past unwanted commercials.

If Koodo has the deal of a lifetime for me then they'll have to wait until I approach them.  Which is not something that would ever happen if my own research (asking around, reading reviews, whatever) hasn't already convinced me that Koodo is worth approaching.

But I suppose I'm an "anti-consumer" lol.  I actually avoid ever buying certain brands or products simply because I have found myself too annoyed too easily too often by their uninvited and unintelligent advertisements, I have no intention of rewarding them for wasting my time.

Shutdown

The only way I see PM being closed up is if freedom fails and gets bought by one of the big 3 since telus is was using PM to take on freedom when shaw bought wind. They even specifically targetted freedom members with their last promo.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Fake news.  Some fake it for their own gains.  Others just simply don't know.  The reality is no price increase.  The option to migrate is still on the table notwithstanding.

The Koodo buyout / Public is dead comments have been said many times before

anmol117

The strange part is that he wasn't just hoping I'd switch but said that Koodo has bought out PM and it's necessary to switch. He told me the address of my closest Koodo location and was adamant that my service would be cancelled if I didn't switch. Very interesting how forceful and deceptive this whole scenario is turning out to be.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

To be fair it seems very likely the store guys will not all have been told yet since both decision to change and change back were sudden

If you want to be les trusting then store guys are trying to trick people into switch before they realize increase has been reversed

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

That is a hungry koodo rep hoping that you will switch. There is no price increase in March

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.