fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

IMG-2914.PNG

Never been a Telus costumer, received this text from them today,

internal competition. I guess

15 REPLIES 15

Highlandsmokey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They're not offering you anything.....They're informing you.....Public Mobile is owned by Telus.......Oh, and one more thing......If you ever decide to switch companies, make sure you don't have a positive balance on your account.....as in you paid $200 in anticipation of using it for the next 4 payments......cause if you leave, they refuse to give you that money back.....Beware all

It's important for understanding when they should decommission the 3G network.

Pawprints1986

@srlawren but why? What difference does it make to them which connection we choose?

@srlawren Ah, I see what you mean. It's confusing with the Telus brand name in the message.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon wrote:

Telus LTE is faster, but same reliability as PM LTE. This is misleading advertising. Unless they are claiming that VoLTE is more reliable... Which is not so accurate either.

@sheytoon I don't think they are saying that Telus's LTE is faster than PM's LTE.  This appears to be a message targetted at people that are not using PM's LTE network at all, and just letting them know they may get more reliable service by using LTE.  I don't think they are making a brand distinction, and are focusing on the fact that PM's LTE network really is Telus' LTE network.  IMHO.

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Does Telus not realize that PM has throttled LTE? Lol

@Pawprints1986 well of course they do!!  They are trying to get certain customers to actually use the throttled LTE.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pawprints1986

Does Telus not realize that PM has throttled LTE? Lol

Telus LTE is faster, but same reliability as PM LTE. This is misleading advertising. Unless they are claiming that VoLTE is more reliable... Which is not so accurate either.

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Public Mobile is owned by Telus.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you read the text in the image, this is not an offer or anything.  This looks like a targeted communication to individuals that rarely/never use the LTE network and instead leave their phone set to 3G/HSPA only.  (Or, to those with phones that do not have a compatible LTE band in the areas they frequent, perhaps.)  

This appears to be an informative message only.  Please don't be disappointed if you did not receive this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

humm, i did not receive a text like that?

fdrcamb519

@NDesai 

I have two, 25 plans, one set at 3g

@NDesai Both my phones ($25 & $10) are set to 3g only.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@fdrcamb519 Questions, What plan are you on? Do you have the network settings set to 3G or LTE on your phone? Trying to figure out who gets these offers.

@Luddite wrote:

Hang around a while; there have been several Koodo/Telus offers to PM customers since I joined. I always recommend @will13am 's advice; decide what you need and follow your wallet. 😎

Yes, please and thank you!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Hang around a while; there have been several Koodo/Telus offers to PM customers since I joined. I always recommend @will13am 's advice; decide what you need and follow your wallet. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.