cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate SIM card with new user

JohnnyK2005
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son lost his brother's phone so I suspended the service and marked as lost, then ordered an new sim card and phone and reactivated his number with no problem.

The original phone and sim card have since been returned to us. 

Can I reactivate this phone and sim card with a new number for my younger son? 

Or do I have to order another sim card to activate him on my account?

6 REPLIES 6

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We all have made that slip @Koombassi... always nice when we figure it out afterwards too. 🙂

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 

My bad!
I misread the post assuming (incorrectly); new Sim, new phone, new number.

Being wrong-headed, I understood service could be reactivated for a previously lost and then found phone with the original SIM card. 
Thanks Computergeek541 for sorting out my thinking. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JohnnyK2005 

Like everybody says... new phone activated on new SIM = success!  The old SIM is deactivated and no longer usable.

Separately, the "old phone" can be reused, such as for your younger son.  You'll need a new SIM card on a different account (ie. different email address like @Dunkman mentioned) since every email can only be linked to 1 account.  🙂

@Koombassi wrote:

@JohnnyK2005 

I'm a relative new subscriber, but here's what I thin. 
for PM it is one account per SIM card. If you've Suspended the service, you should be able to reactivate it. 
Good Luck. 
other more knowledgeable folks will likely respond to you as well. 

Unfortunately, what you're suggestion isn't an option as the SIM card has already been replaced wirh another. As Dunkman was saying, the found SIM card is no longer usable.

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JohnnyK2005 

I'm a relative new subscriber, but here's what I thin. 
for PM it is one account per SIM card. If you've Suspended the service, you should be able to reactivate it. 
Good Luck. 
other more knowledgeable folks will likely respond to you as well. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnnyK2005 

You will need to get a new SIM card.  Once the SIM card has been changed, the old SIM card is useless/inactive.  

If you activate a new account, remember that you need to use a different email address for activation.  Two phone numbers can't belong to one self service account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.