cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Long distance charges may apply" message when dialing within province

stalloney787
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am having the same issue. calling locally in alberta i am getting a message i have no long distance add on...followed by the phone hanging up

6 REPLIES 6

@

@prairiedogbob wrote:

@stalloney787

I've had this happen to me too but it would just go away after a little while I try to make three or four phone calls and get this message and then after about an hour it would go away so I've never really worried about it. But I guess if it's an emergency and you need your phone this is the last thing you would need happening with your service.

@prairiedogbob It's important to note that "long distance charges" never apply. Regardless of the message, the call either goes through or it doesn't. If it goes through, there are no extra charges or add on fees. If it doesn't go through, you probably did not hear the long distance message, instead you either have an issue with your account or you need an add on to cover more minutes/more countries.

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stalloney787

I've had this happen to me too but it would just go away after a little while I try to make three or four phone calls and get this message and then after about an hour it would go away so I've never really worried about it. But I guess if it's an emergency and you need your phone this is the last thing you would need happening with your service.

@stalloney787 

Did you rece* ntly activate with public mobile? Are getting this message with every number you dial? Try  waiting one hour. Reboot your phone. Manually dial a commonly called phone number like your spouse, best friend etc.... make sure you dial it with a ( 1 ) in front of the number. If the problem persists contact the moderators to have them either reset your account and/or reprovision your sim card..

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@stalloney787 wrote:

i am having the same issue. calling locally in alberta i am getting a message i have no long distance add on...followed by the phone hanging up

That's not the same issue. "Long distance charges may apply"  is a different message and the call doesn't hang up. It's telling you that the call is long dsitance but it still works. Your messages is Public Mobile saying the call isn't included in your plan.  Are you calling a number in a new area code?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@stalloney787 wrote:

try to add a 1 in front of  the 10 digits number.   If the call does go through, which it should,  then it's just a legacy hold-over.  No need to worry being charge for trying this as PM is pre-paid service

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@stalloney787 

@stalloney787 wrote:

By chance do you have the $15 plan?  with 100 minute outgoing minutes.  Maybe you ran out of minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.