cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: question

volod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI!

Over the past 8-9 months, telephone communication through Public Mobile has become disgusting: only 1 line out of four is lit in the communication indicator, calls do not reach, and if they do, I hear, but they do not hear me, and so on. Previously, it was thought to be a phone problem. I changed the phone, but the problem remained. Has anyone come across this? We live in the south of Winnipeg. I am thinking about moving to another company. Thanks for the answers.

Vladimir

5 REPLIES 5

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@volod 

If you switch to one of the providers that @gpixel is suggesting (since they're non-Telus providers on the Rogers or Bell network), get a friend/family member to test it in your location first to make sure you don't have the same problem after switching!  🙂

@volod 

your options are to either switch to lucky, chatr or phonebox. or purchase a cellphone booster. if you go this route you will need one with bands 2 & 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@volod wrote:

HI!

Over the past 8-9 months, telephone communication through Public Mobile has become disgusting: only 1 line out of four is lit in the communication indicator, calls do not reach, and if they do, I hear, but they do not hear me, and so on. Previously, it was thought to be a phone problem. I changed the phone, but the problem remained. Has anyone come across this? We live in the south of Winnipeg. I am thinking about moving to another company. Thanks for the answers.

Vladimir

@volod  I would say you may be affected due to this change:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Have you or any of the other lines received notification of changes earlier this year?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, that really is a weird situation. 

I think that it just might be the area you are in, When I was with another carrier I lost connection every single time on the same stretch of highway during my commute and I work only 10 minutes from home. 

I truly think that PM might have a dead spot in the area you're in but I could be wrong. 

One funny thing that I noticed recently is when I am making a phone call the initial ring comes quick but the second ring takes like 10 seconds and the rest are all normal. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@volod 

Ouch, that doesn't sound good.  😞  Have you tried a SIM card or somebody (friend/family) in the same location with a different provider?  Any differences for them?  If there's been any construction for new buildings/etc that may affect services too.  Have you tried checking the coverage map?  How does it look for your location?

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map

Need Help? Let's chat.