cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: calls going to voicemail instead of ring

maryvic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All incoming calls going directly to VM.  Have checked DND.  Switched on off airplane mode.  Reset network.  No luck…

15 REPLIES 15

It started with this: 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-telus-installed-huawei-gear-in-national-capital-reg...

But more practically, they've announced Samsung as their first 5G vendor. Realistically, to get 5G working today with NSA architecture, they'll need to use the same vendor as 4G. That means Huawei 4G has to be swapped out in order to get 5G.

Their second vendor should be announced shortly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : sheytoon is in the biz. That's why he's that kind of reference around here. We're lucky to have him. (assuming gender 🙂 )

@sheytoon : Backing away from Huawei are they? 🙂

@sheytoon  thanks for giving us the info.  !!!

I opened a ticket with mod, they didn't even  give me any info other than Engineers are working on it.. LoL

It's a problem with Telus RAN vendor in Ottawa. They are swapping towers from Huawei to Samsung, and the configuration isn't always correct. It'll get corrected fairly quickly.

@maryvic @XT2005 

Public mobile technical team is working to rectify this issue, which is isolated to Quebec and parts of Eastern Canada.  Other providers are also affected.  

For now, it is recommend to connect to 3G network.  Public mobile will update once a fix is available.  

XT2005

I had the same problem : not receiving calls, but can make out going calls.

After trying everything for 3 days, I saw the mention of 3G and it solved the issue.

Thank you for recommending this.

In may case, I could receive a call or two if I put 1 before my area code + number.

But it did not work long.

Also, probably because I put call forwarding to my home phone (voip phone) in calls setting, the voip phone stopped responding.

I'm guessing 4G/LTE and voip/sip may share the same name server or addressing method or whatever I don't know.

Also, I noticed getting information about call forwarding took very long, and sometime it failed, too.

I thought all these were caused by my phone being rooted and many google apps/services stopped (including location service, and mobile data).

But switching to 3G solved everything.

3G is fine for me as I don't want any data communication.

So, I'm not sure if I should be sending PM.

maryvic

Thanks, will try 3G and see if that solves the problem for the short term.  
I’m in downtown Ottawa.  Seems that others are having similar issues. 

@maryvic  Just want to confirm if you have a chance to change to 3G Only?  This seems to be a problem with PM since last week.  People reported back changing to 3G Only resolved the issue.

Also, curious, are you close to the Ottawa area?  We have some people confirmed that they are in that area with the issue, but we wonder if it affected a wider area

maryvic

No, I’ve had my iPhone 11 for some time.  Normally numbers not in my contact list do work. 

@maryvic 

If 3G fixes the problem you should probably open a ticket with the moderators and have them open a ticket with the tech team so pm is aware of all the customers currently being affected by this issue. Be sure to get the tech team ticket reference #.

@maryvic wrote:

No I’m not a new user.  And yes, outgoing calls work.  

That's a good thing and it means that your device is certainly compatible. Have you recently switched to a new phone?  On some devices (especially if you just go this phone), any calls from numbers not saved in your contact list are automatically blocked. 

@maryvic 

There is an issue for some customers currently. Force your phone into 3G only to see if that solves the issue while pm figures out a fix.

maryvic

No I’m not a new user.  And yes, outgoing calls work.  

@maryvic 

If you are new as described by @computergeek541  did you reply YES to the porting authorization text from your previous provider within 90 minutes of recieving it? Or maybe you switched out your sim cards a little too quickly? Reinsert your old sim card to see if you can still reply. If not you will have to either contact the moderators or call the telus porting department to reinitiate your port request.

Unless you are porting from pc mobile or koodo prepaid number transfers from these accounts can only be handled by the moderators.

@maryvic wrote:

All incoming calls going directly to VM.  Have checked DND.  Switched on off airplane mode.  Reset network.  No luck…

Are you a new customer and did you request a number to be ported in?  If you are and did, please reinsert your old carrier's SIM card as the voicemail greeting that people are hearing when calling you could be that of the old carrier.  Do outgoing phone calls work on your Public Mobile service?

Need Help? Let's chat.