cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: calls and data not working

aprilmatisz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did those things suggested and I cannot access data. I live in Lethbridge, Alberta.

8 REPLIES 8

@aprilmatisz wrote:

My data was used up. This was strange to me, as I should have had more, but ccome the new billing period everything worked fine. 

You can always check My Account for exact data used. If you are keeping data on all the time on your phone, system and 3rd party apps can easily use big chunk of data due to constant web checks: emails, weather, updates, whatnot.

@aprilmatisz wrote:

My data was used up. This was strange to me, as I should have had more, but ccome the new billing period everything worked fine. 

What plan you have?

Allotted data will reset at every renewal.

Apps could use way more data than you expect. Malware even more so.

Check if you can restrict background use of data by apps on your phone.

And make a habit of only turning data on when you need it.

@aprilmatisz 

Good to know that everything cleared up.  

Sometimes your data can be used up by one of your apps, phone updates, etc.  You could keep track with your phone data tracker, or 3rd party app.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

In the future, if you need data right away, you can purchase a 1 GB data add on for $15.  Or change plans immediately or ask Customer service agent (CSA) to renew same plan earlier.  However, PM does not pro-rate plans.  

aprilmatisz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aprilmatisz 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

I am guessing this topic has been chopped out of another topic as the subject begins with re:

So the original details have been left behind somewhere.

AE_Collector

@aprilmatisz 

More details would be helpful.  Does your talk and text work?

Did data work before?

Which plan?  

As noted above, first thing to check is whether you ran out of data.  Check your self service account.  Under Data and add on section.  If you don't see a data counter/tracker, that means that you ran out of data.

P.S.  I started your own thead/topic

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi

if data not working check your account online and see if you have any data left.

sometimes all your data can be used without you knowing . it has happened to me a few times where in the middle of the a night all my data was consumed   no idea how

have never gotten an explanation.

Need Help? Let's chat.