cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanavya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re-activate account

I have been out of Canada for some time so I had suspended my account so as to not unnecessarily pay every month. I had set a reminder to re-activate my account by the deadline but I missed it by a day and it seems my account has been de-activated, as I can't login or reset my password. Can someone please help me? I want my phone number back since many accounts are linked to the phone number. If getting my account back is not possible, what alternatives are there? Can I set a new account with the same number? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions
mimmo
Oracle

Re: Re-activate account

This exact question was asked to the pm team.  The reply was:

Once customers are suspended, they lose their phone number. Mods cannot (and should not) be getting customers their phone numbers. 

edit should say deactivated not suspended

View solution in original post

All Replies
will13am
Oracle

@tanavya , after 90 days suspension, your account gets deactivated.  There's nothing that can be done now.  You will need to get a new SIM card and activate a new account.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days your account gets deactivated.  You would need to purchase a new sim and setup a new account with a different email.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tanavya 

If it has been greater than 90 days, your account has been deactivated.

The chance of regaining the same number is not impossible - but may be challenging. 

You could contact the public mobile moderators just to confirm status:

Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

If you do have another Public Mobile SIM card and need to activate a new account, try the live assistance for activations to possibly attempt to get the number back if it's available:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

softech
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS wrote:

The chance of regaining the same number is not impossible - but may be challenging. 

really?  you meant even after 90 days, the Mod will be able to give you back the same number?  We have successful story before?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

really?  you meant even after 90 days, the Mod will be able to give you back the same number?  We have successful story before?

@softech I think it really depends on who (company) the number originally belonged to and whether or not it has already been re-assigned. If it was a Telus number and still un assigned I would think it possible for the mods to make it happen. Of course I might be entirely wrong lol.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

No, @softech ,did not write the Mod will be able to give one their deactivated number back.

I wrote that it may not be impossible.   (that does not infer it's likely)

IF the number was placed back into the 'pool' of available numbers (the OP could always call the old number themselves to see if it's been reassigned...), then maybe it could be accessed for the OP.

During the activation process, an individual can select the option to customize the last 4 digits of a number.  It's possible, they may be able to secure their old number in this fashion.

Using activation assistance folks may be able to assist in that regard.   The suggestion to contact Moderators was to confirm the account status is, in fact, deactivated. (as the OP suggests it seems to be)

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Yes if the same exchange number is offered if not already taken you can choose the last 4 digits and have your number back. I did it with a number that was released from one account, it was available after about 30 days.

If the exchange number is not available you could contact moderators and see if they would be able to help

mimmo
Oracle

Once customers are suspended, they lose their phone number. Mods cannot (and should not) be getting customers their phone numbers. 

edit should say deactivated not suspended

View solution in original post

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

OK, PM discourages it.  That's fair, @mimmo.   I would tend to agree, in principle, they don't want folks to have a lapse in service.

But is it POSSIBLE without extensive effort if the number is still available to be selected?  

If PM says NO, then so be it.

If PM can do it with minimal effort, then why not for the sake of customer retention or satisfaction?

Need Help? Let's chat.