cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail number changed

JohnSmith1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in Ottawa. For some reason my phone is trying to dial the VM number for Nova Scotia. This change in behaviour appears to have been within the last day or so.

edited by computergeek541: title changed to reflect content of a moved message/new thread

20 REPLIES 20

JohnSmith1

I left some feedback for the devs.. perhaps a simple filter view subdivided by subsets of usage type with a balance field. Would make seeing the effective usage easier, and processed client-side would consume no server storage nor really much bandwidth.

No worries @JohnSmith1  - satisfying to get to the root cause regardless, glad we were able to solve it together and hear your reports back here too. Cheers!

@JohnSmith1  to save your minutes for checking voicemail. Call your cell number from another phone. When your voicemail message starts playing press star * enter your password and listen to your messages to save your outgoing minutes.

Or download Textnow app. You'll get another Canadian number on the app to call Canada /USA numbers for free. That's how I check my voicemail. Link below I listed all about text now.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-15-plan-Check-Voicemail-Free-Textnow...

JohnSmith1

I was actually using the date range option to go inclusively from Nov 25 to Dec 4. Turns out the sorting just doesn't actually group everything together properly, as the original results show 2 pages but after going to page 2 it shows several more pages. Without changing the default order and flipping through, I was actually able to find 2 long calls, which incidentally were from people telling me to call them back. So yes, used up my minutes. Feel like a dumbass. Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Actually, I'm good with @esjliv getting credit for the "solution" as I only suggested the possible the root cause. I didn't think of the great suggestion to add the free 500 min promo available this month, which actually solved @JohnSmith1 's issue at hand ! 😁

@JohnSmith1Had another thought that might explain only being add up 56 minutes in your call logs, - the default call log only goes back 7 days, And Nov 27 was 9 days ago.. Maybe some unaccounted for time from Nov 27-28. You can change it it to last 30 days..

Hi @JohnSmith1 ,

I am glad you liked my post and were able to get PM's Merry Holiday goodies. 🙂

But, if i understand the situation, it appears @Nezgar actually provided the proper solution in this particular post, with being out of plan minutes.

So, if you like, please go ahead and change the solution to reflect that.

@Nezgar wrote:

@JohnSmith1 

Are you on the curent $15 plan that includes 100 minutes of outgoing calls, and unlimited incoming? Those 100 minutes are good for canada wide calls, so nova scotia should be OK, unless you used up the 100 minutes for this cycle? Keep in mind checking your voicemail with your mobile uses those minutes.

Also can you confirm you see remaining minutes in the selfserve overview page? It sounds like you may have just run out of minutes, in which case consider purchasing a 500 minutes addon for $5.

If the 100 minutes are used up, the line will be missing on the overview page.

Glad you are up and running again!

@JohnSmith1 wrote:

The free extra time fixed the issue. Thanks very much. How do you stay aware of such promotions? All voicemail numbers work again. I'm just baffled at how the usage history page presents content. Trying my best to get a total picture but even when content is supposedly sorted by type, it's still spread across different pages.

@JohnSmith1   If the free holiday mins gift allowed you to call, then it does seem like you had already depleted your plan minutes which can be easily done with the rounding up and retrieving voicemail messages as already pointed out. 

As to how PM displays the usage history, nobody here would disagree with you that it's poorly set up and not very user friendly, unfortunately it's unlikely that PM will update any of that anytime soon.

I would also suggest that you purchase the $5/500 mins add-on (Canada wide) and use those mins before using 500 international mins gifted by PM, especially if the calling is local/within Canada and save those 500 mins for any international calling as the per min cost is higher for the gifted mins.

BTW keeping track of promotions can be done by visiting the Community forums and/or Announcement thread at least couple times a week.  You can also sign up for email alerts on the Plans page but those alerts have usually been inconsistent or non-existent.

JohnSmith1

The free extra time fixed the issue. Thanks very much. How do you stay aware of such promotions? All voicemail numbers work again. I'm just baffled at how the usage history page presents content. Trying my best to get a total picture but even when content is supposedly sorted by type, it's still spread across different pages.

@JohnSmith1 ,

Also, did you know you can get some freebies with PM right now?

When you go to "Purchase Add-Ons" in your self serve account PM is offering two $0 add-ons.

Add them on at no cost. 🙂

Check this out:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

@JohnSmith1 ,

It looks like you are not showing any minutes left....but if you just started your plan cycle, could it be it did not reset?

Perhaps check with PM Moderators, if you feel the minutes have not been used up, to confirm your new cycle renewed properly.

Remember when you check your voice mail from your PM device, this will use your outgoing minutes. Best to call from another device to check if possible.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to:

Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators(PM Customer Service Representatives)

JohnSmith1

Sorted the content by call type and flipped through the pages. Best I can tell, even with rounding up each call to the nearest minute, it should only total 56 minutes

JohnSmith1

*611 didn't indicate inactive. Just said my next auto-pay was Dec 25.

No minutes show in the summary page.

Transaction history shows auto-pay worked fine on Nov 25.

Screenshot_20201204-180549431.jpg

Screenshot_20201204-180833295.jpg

@JohnSmith1 

Ok good to hear you confirmed 1 call. But looking forward to hearing the minutes remaining balance and account status indicated on the overview page of self-serve, or if the line is missing. That's the only place where the balance is shown, not on the usage history page...

JohnSmith1

Confirmed. The only outbound call since the reset was to the voicemail today for 28 seconds.

@JohnSmith1 Regardless, please check what shows in selfserve for minutes left, if the account has expired possibly from an autopay failure on your renewal date, and also check if *611 says active/inactive...

@JohnSmith1 wrote:

my cycle would have just started a few days ago. there's no realistic way I've used up 100 minutes when I hardly ever call anyone

@JohnSmith1 What does your usage history show? What is showing for minutes on the overview page?

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 5.34.50 PM.png

JohnSmith1

my cycle would have just started a few days ago. there's no realistic way I've used up 100 minutes when I hardly ever call anyone

@JohnSmith1 

Are you on the curent $15 plan that includes 100 minutes of outgoing calls, and unlimited incoming? Those 100 minutes are good for canada wide calls, so nova scotia should be OK, unless you used up the 100 minutes for this cycle? Keep in mind checking your voicemail with your mobile uses those minutes.

Also can you confirm you see remaining minutes in the selfserve overview page? It sounds like you may have just run out of minutes, in which case consider purchasing a 500 minutes addon for $5.

If the 100 minutes are used up, the line will be missing on the overview page.

JohnSmith1

All 3 indicate call forwarding +19025804001

I can receive calls but outbound keeps telling me I don't have a long distance plan, even to my voicemail and within my own area code. I'm on the $15/m plan and barely use it.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@JohnSmith1 wrote:

I'm in Ottawa. For some reason my phone is trying to dial the VM number for Nova Scotia. This change in behaviour appears to have been within the last day or so.

Interesting... well the number listed for Ottawa (613-581-4001) still works, but maybe there's some "load balancing" going on in the background if the Ottawa number is becoming busier than others... It's also apparently common for people in Alberta to have the Regina SK number provisioned to their phone, and all of BC calls into Surrey...

The Nova Scotia number will work just fine though, all of the numbers have access to the same mailboxes...

Maybe out of curiosity see if your conditional call forwards have changed as well? These are the query codes:

*#61# - no answer

*#62# - unreachable

*#67# - busy or declined

Need Help? Let's chat.