Did you mean: 

Re: Unlock

rayss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I contact a moderator?

8 REPLIES 8

shananahan1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing happened to me. They person I bought it from, bought it from an auction, but never set it up, so the actual Provider is unknown. I will try and contact the manufacturer, that’s a good idea. Thanks.

@shananahan1 

Publicmobile employees would not have access to unlock code united it was Publicmobile/Koodo/Telus phone.

The provider must give the code if it had been more than 90 days since they sold the phone, unless it was reported lost/stolen.

I had issues with a phone that was purchased in Costco and the guy forgot who was the original provider as he never used that provider he just purchased it right out and used it with 711. So it has to be somebody on Rogers network. I called them all and nobody could help they simply didn't have IMEI listed (couple of times i suspected they just didn't bother) so i thought I would walk into couple of stores to see if I'm luckier there. The last moment I thought of contacting manufacturer and good thing I did, they gave me the unlock code in less than 3 minutes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shananahan1 wrote:

I’m cheap! Its supposed to be free with providers, so they **bleep** well should be held up to their end of the bargain! 

@shananahan1 

Robbers don't care about rules & regulations. And they get away with it. You can take it up with all the relevant authorities but that'll take a while. And they know that. The rich get richer.

shananahan1

I’m cheap! Its supposed to be free with providers, so they **bleep** well should be held up to their end of the bargain! 

@shananahan1 wrote:

I’m trying to get my phone unlocked. I tried to go to what I think is the original company, but I have to have been or are a customer. I tried to get a friend who is with Rogers’s to get it unlocked, but nope.

@shananahan1 

You may want to check online vendors like on eBay.ca.  Depending on model of phone, certain vendors will send you an unlock code for a fee. 

shananahan1

I’m trying to get my phone unlocked. I tried to go to what I think is the original company, but I have to have been or are a customer. I tried to get a friend who is with Rogers’s to get it unlocked, but nope.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@rayss wrote:

How do I contact a moderator?

Is there something this community can assist you with before trying to contact a moderator?

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.