Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to send or receive text message

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

Don't patronage me with, "think, think real hard".

The above phrase sounds as if you are superior to me, and I am a child who is to learn from you. Nothing could be further from the truth.

You have an attitudinal problem and, unfortunately, you are using the forum to express it. Frankly, I would ban you if I had the power to do so. You are a rude individual, who sees nothing wrong with rudeness. I pity you.
12 REPLIES 12

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Don't be sobre, you're my Hero!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^Nobel Peace Price should go to some one that really deserves it not some one like me.

benwarez

Then Chuck deserves "Peace PM Community Price" i.e Nobel Peace Price. congrats to U all, you made my day!, let's focus on what matters in this Community (the meaning of "community" is explanatory)

Martin
Legend
Legend

benwarez,

Through private messages, chuk and I agreed that a truce was not necessary, and that we would respect one another.

benwarez

This comment: "if you see a post of mine, you will say nothing by not commenting or adding to it."
I disagree totally, this is free space where free expression is allowed, under condition that all posters respect others point of views even if they disagree, that's canadian democracy values - see canadian charter of rights and freedoms poster: https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=canadian+charter+of+righ...

benwarez

If I was put to choose between War & Peace, I'll choose Peace and Peace .. and peace.. War never resolves issues neither answers to posts.. Only grown PPL choose Peace.

chukdefatey
^When I reply to threads I don't read names but I will try not to comment on your posts. So nothing personal and I hold no grudges against you or anyone else.

Martin
Legend
Legend
To answer my own question about a truce, I suggest this: I will not comment on your replies, and you will not comment on mine. There will be, as a result, no further clashes between us.

For example, if you shout or simply state that plan cancelation is not necessary, I will say nothing even though the ToS say that customers can cancel at any time.

Equally, if you see a post of mine, you will say nothing by not commenting or adding to it.

For all intents and purposes, you and I will ignore one another in the community.

I hope that you find the above doable.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

The only reason that I googled you was to understand the reason for what I perceived as rude behaviour towards others. I also wanted to know the reason that you were criticizing PM's new plans. Certainly, it's not good for potentially new business when you refer to plans as "crappy".

Had it not been for what I viewed as unusual behaviour, I would not have googled you. If you regarded my comments about what I had found to be out-of-context and thus rude, I unequivocally apologize. I'm sorry.

With regard to phrases such as " think, think real hard", you must admit that it sounds condescending. If you don't think so, I'm certain that 10 out of 10 strangers would agree with me.

If you don't regard it as condescending, I can only suggest that you take an online course in interpersonal skills. The objective of the course would be how to communicate with others without causing offence. Do you think that your calling benwarez a copy of me to be polite?

On a personal level, I have nothing against you personally. It is your behaviour to which I and some others object. I think the most apt advice that I can give is to chill out and relax. I plan to reply to posts for many years to come. If that is your objective, too, then you and I must respects each other's boundaries and sensibilities, or PM is going to caution us both for nonstop arguing in the forum.

I think a truce is in order. If you think not, the arguing will continue. If you favour a truce, what do you propose so that our respective boundaries can be respected?

chukdefatey
^Let's not go of topic anymore. Like I said when I reply to threads I don't read names and if there is something for me to point out I will so I hold no hard feelings towards you or anyone. One thing that did bother me about you was how you went out your way to google someone and then you ask me questions of threads I posted in decade ago. From there you should have learned that I have been involved in the cell industry a long time and hacking Telus CDMA phones in order to assign ringtones was quite common in those days and then you came here to question me about it. That was un called for

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

My personal philosophy, which I practise, is that I am neither superior or inferior to anyone.

I come from a very religious background and, though secular now, I still believe in the equality of all.

chukdefatey
^Oh really, You should know better with prepaid there is nothing to cancel and then you come here tell me to read the terms. I would ban you too since you think you are all mighty God who thinks you are better then everyone.

I Pity you X2
Need Help? Let's chat.