cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

Blitzed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have an account with you guys my phone was stolen and I don't have any of my info to switch it over to my new sim card so I had to create a new number...but that phone number I do have I's very important to me and I don't wanna lose it..my name's xxxx xxxxxxx and my old number was 1xxxxxxxxxx

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

5 REPLIES 5

@Blitzed 

Do you have any access to your account to put your phone in lost/stolen? If not ask the moderators to do this for you. You have 89 days from your last day of service on that account/phone number to make a payment and still be able to recover your phone number.

SlamDunkmanned twice in one day!

@Blitzed 

This what you need to do if sending a private message....

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address/province and postal code on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on new accounts)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?   

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times have improved and currently are around one hour.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

This sounds like the OP created a new account. Is this the case @Blitzed ?

@darlicious   It's more than possible....hopefully, OP will come back and provide a few more details...

@dabr 

This sounds like the OP created a new account. Is this the case @Blitzed ?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Blitzed wrote:

Hi I have an account with you guys my phone was stolen and I don't have any of my info to switch it over to my new sim card so I had to create a new number...but that phone number I do have I's very important to me and I don't wanna lose it..my name's xxxxx and my old number was xxxxx

@Blitzed   First you need to use the 3 dots top right of your post, then edit/delete your tel. no. from the post as you're on a public forum.

For now changing your SIM requires moderators assistance and they will be able to attach your previous tel. number to your new SIM.  You can submit a ticket to moderators via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

The second option, if any issues submitting a ticket, is to send a private message to Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Edit:  @Dunkman  just noticed you're online, perhaps you can edit personal info from @Blitzed's post. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.