cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

NateM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. I was a public mobile customer for 2 years until yesterday. I was happy with the service but can’t get home internet anymore where I live so I switched back to Rogers for infinite data.

after porting my number I tried to log back into Self Serve here one last time to cancel my public mobile plan but found myself locked out.

Do I need to take any action or has porting my number to another provide automatically canceled my plan?

4 REPLIES 4

rubybrars
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes thats correct.

Once number is ported, yo dont have to worry about the previous provider or the bill.

It automatically gets cancelled

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NateM   You are all good.  A successful porting will all close your source account (in this case PM's).   As account is now closed, PM will no longer charge from your credit card.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NateM wrote:

Hi there. I was a public mobile customer for 2 years until yesterday. I was happy with the service but can’t get home internet anymore where I live so I switched back to Rogers for infinite data.

after porting my number I tried to log back into Self Serve here one last time to cancel my public mobile plan but found myself locked out.

Do I need to take any action or has porting my number to another provide automatically canceled my plan?

@NateM 

Porting your Public Mobile phone number out to another provider closes your PM account, also means you no longer have access to your Self Serve account, and you lose any/all Available Funds balance and/or rewards.

If you forgot to remove an credit card that you had set up for Autopay, that process should be removed after the port completed as well.

If, there is a hiccup and you are charged on your next renewal by Public Mobile than you will need to contact Customer Support via: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@NateM wrote:

@NateM 

Once your number is ported out, your account at PM is CLOSED. Nothing else to do.

Need Help? Let's chat.