cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

mitzisanchez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

i want to transfer my public mobile number to shaw. But the problem is my PM number is not working since 2 days now. Is there anyway I can transfer my PM NUMBER TO SHAW? Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

@mitzisanchez 

Pay the $15. Enjoy your service for another 27 days and then port your number into your free shaw service. Then you will have telus' great coverage when you hit the dead zones in the freedom/shaw coverage. You will have 4 weeks to test out shaw and see if it fufills your needs without losing your pm account in case you discover that it does not.

@HALIMACS

Well that's the first I have heard of suspension prior to renewal. I'm the champion for the little guy but I just don't see a reason for an exception in this case especially to facilitate porting out to a direct competitor when we were given incentives to not switch to that competitor.

@darlicious 

I can say with confidence in past situations that competitive industry (even monopolies) make exceptions on one-off basis routinely without setting precedents. 

There were reported cases (can't confirm the veracity) of customers whose accounts became suspended prior to the renewal date. If that is the case, there's no way Public Mobile should require a customer to reactivate a full cycle payment in order to port out. 

@HALIMACS 

Why? They are porting out to a competitor. They let either let their account suspend or they had an autopay failure either way they needed to port out before renewal. If pm makes an exception it sets a precedence. It is industry standard to require an active account to port out.

@darlicious 

That seems unfair, however I know that's the norm. 

Surely the moderators could enable a temporary active status for the purpose of porting a number out.

I would encourage this OP to certainly ask for an exception. 

@HALIMACS 

You have to have active service to port out your number. The only exception to this rule is if you are porting out to either koodo or telus. The telus porting department cannot help in this situation.

@mitzisanchez 

It sounds like your service has suspended due to non payment. Log into your account to determine its status. What is the make and model of your phone? Even if your phone is locked to your previous provider it would have to be telus or koodo if it worked with pm. Determine your service status and reactivate your service on the lowest priced plan to be able to port out. But you will have to at least have a working phone to put your sim in to recieve and respond YES to the porting authorization text.

@mitzisanchez 

You're welcome. Please report back  if Public Mobile was prepared to assist. 

mitzisanchez

will definitely try this one! 

thank you!

@mitzisanchez 

You should not need to reactivate your public mobile account in order to port out.  It is unreasonable for public mobile to expect you to pay for another full cycle if it's your intention is to move providers at this time. 

contact the public mobile moderator team to advise them that you wish them to release your number for a port out from public mobile.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@mitzisanchez wrote:

I did it already. And what’s the next step?

@mitzisanchez  does the SIM work when you put it back into the other phone?

mitzisanchez

I did it already. And what’s the next step?

15 digit IMEI number. You can find it by dialling *#06# on your phone.

mitzisanchez

It was active 2 days ago and now is no sim

mitzisanchez

I did try it

mitzisanchez

I dont know if it is lock or what. Where can i find my imei number?

Try reseating the sim.  Also try rebooting your phone.

@mitzisanchez wrote:

When I transferred my public mobile sim card to my other phone suddenly didnt work out. I dont know why and tried to put back it again to my recent phone and now said its NO SIM at all.

@mitzisanchez could that other phone be locked to its previous provider?

Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you.

You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mitzisanchez wrote:

Hi,

i want to transfer my public mobile number to shaw. But the problem is my PM number is not working since 2 days now. Is there anyway I can transfer my PM NUMBER TO SHAW? Thanks

@mitzisanchez - you can only transfer/port an ACTIVE Public Mobile account. What does your status say in your Self Serve?

If you have NO SERVICES, then your Autopay may have failed. When was your payment due?

**Make a payment by calling 611 or signing into your Self Serve account and make a payment that way.

To make a payment via 611 you will need your Account PIN that was created when you activated. It would have been texted to you at time of activation.

If this was a failed Autopay, I would let the Moderators know.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

mitzisanchez

When I transferred my public mobile sim card to my other phone suddenly didnt work out. I dont know why and tried to put back it again to my recent phone and now said its NO SIM at all.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your account would have to be active.  Can you provide more details ?

Need Help? Let's chat.