Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring Phone Number from Public Mobile to Freedom Mobile

Bpecson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to port my public Mobile number to freedom but haven’t received a text 

5 REPLIES 5

@Bpecson 

You should have gotten the confirmation text by now.  Just to confirm:  you are porting from Public mobile to Freedom mobile, right?  You mentioned about temporary PM number, which does not make sense.  

You can contact Freedom mobile to see what is happening.  Freedom might need to resend the port request.  Keep your PM sim card in your phone to confirm the port request.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bpecson 

your SIM card with Public Mobile is Activate !!

i suggest you can try it do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple. and put it back your old SIM card with Public Mobile is Activate right.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

Bpecson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It’s been almost 24 hours now and PM temporary number has been given

@Bpecson 

Pm sends out porting authorization texts between the hours of 11am et and 8pm et. If you were outside of these hours you and don't recieve it by 10 am et contact freedom to submit the request again.

Edit: Oops thinking in westcoast time....by 1pm et contact freedom.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bpecson wrote:

Trying to port my public Mobile number to freedom but haven’t received a text 

@Bpecson 

How long ago did you submit your port request?  It can take a few hours.  If it has been more than that time frame, you may want to contact Freedom customer service to see what is happening.  Freedom mobile has to send the request first and then PM will need to respond.  

Is your PM active right now?  Need to have an active account to port out.  

Need Help? Let's chat.