cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Switching plans

mecyl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently pay $35 for 3G data with promotion 2G data

if I switch to $40 for 4.5G, Can I keep promotion 2G or I have re-signed up to new account to get that deal ?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mecyl 

if you get that code 2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

and if you want to re-signed up to new account to get that deal with new plan for $40 you have to get new email and new phone number, or if you want your old number you have to port out to another company and you can come back with new SIM card for PM, to Activate new account,

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mecyl 

I agree too... paying more money should let you keep that promo, however we never know what Public Mobile will actually do (with all the glitches we see).  Personally, I'd wait first, open a ticket and reach out to a CS Agent so at least they see it with the promo before switching plans.

Let us know how it goes!  🙂

@mecyl wrote:

I agreed. Recurring 2gb should continue with new upgrade plan only

@mecyl   you are going to check with PM with a ticket first or you are going to do it bravely , go ahead with the upgrade and see how it goes?

Either way, please let us know the result.

mecyl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agreed. Recurring 2gb should continue with new upgrade plan only

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we've seen this discussion before. I think it's entirely reasonable for the company to allow plan changes up and down between the min and max plans and to keep the 2gb recurring data. Even early renewals. It just seems reasonable. I think that wording is too broad and unreasonable. It's been hashed out in the past.

@mecyl 

According to terms and conditions:

• 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with using the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

Let us know if you do change plans and if the 2GB stays with your new plan.  It will be helpful for others to know.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mecyl wrote:

I currently pay $35 for 3G data with promotion 2G data

if I switch to $40 for 4.5G, Can I keep promotion 2G or I have re-signed up to new account to get that deal ?

If it is the recent 2GBBonus, very likely you will loss it according to the fine print

If you don't mind to reactivate , certainly it will work, but you have to pay for a new SIM card (current one cannot be reused on new activation)

But since it is an  plan "Upgrade" , you can try to open ticket with PM and confirm or see if they can do something special about it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to check the terms and conditions.  There maybe a stipulation if you make a plan change that you would lose the bonus data.

Need Help? Let's chat.