cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Service not working

Mariam85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have a problem receiving calls. Noone can reach me out. My phone is always out of service. Please help me out with solving this problem as soon as possible 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Yes, I remember a mass incoming calls issue couple months ago was due to the 5G upgrade.. so, is this going to happen in the area whenever there is a 5G upgrade?

@Mariam85 

Your calling issue I likely due to local cell tower equipment upgrades. Switch back to the 4G LTE/3G/2G autoconnect setting once a day and test to see if the issue still exists. Continue to stay on 3G til the issue clears (no more than a week probably). 3G data is greatly affected by network traffic but you will find that at off times the data speed can be up to 20mbps or more.

@Mariam85 wrote:

It works now when I select 3G only for my mobile network, but the internet is so slow. Thanks so much 

What phone do you have?  Maybe there are issues with the LTE network locally.  The phone should auto switch between LTE and 3G.  And yes, 3G latency is terrible.  Don't forget to switch back to LTE preferred once the current problem is resolved.

Mariam85

It works now when I select 3G only for my mobile network, but the internet is so slow. Thanks so much 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mariam85 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

@Mariam85 wrote:

No I have been with public mobile for almost 7 years now

@Mariam85    This seems to be happening regularly lately.  It's been suggested to change your network mode settings to 3G/WCDMA

@Mariam85   first, reboot your phone once.

Then try to set your Network connection to 3G only and leave it for some time and see how it goes

Also, any chance you are in Manitoba?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.

Mariam85

No I have been with public mobile for almost 7 years now

@Mariam85 wrote:

Hello, I have a problem receiving calls. Noone can reach me out. My phone is always out of service. Please help me out with solving this problem as soon as possible 

Are you a new customer and did you request for a phone number to be ported in to Public Mobile?  When you say "out of service", do you mean that your phone simoply doesn't ring, or that you have no signal?  Do outgoing calls work?

If you have asked for a number port to Public Mobile, the old carrier's SIM card should be kept in your phone sot hat you can reply to a text message from your old carrier authorizing the number port.

Need Help? Let's chat.