cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Restore services to port number

mun0503
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the message said

” fraud@publicmobile.ca Public Mobile here. Your service has been suspended due to suspicious usage. To restore the service please email us at PublicMobile.ca, clicking https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fraud”

Please restore the service for my account, my phone

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

since public uses JavaScript. it would seem high probability this infiltration can occur. especially with an outdated computer or device. idk @Anonymous I need your knowledge

@gpixel 

You're giving me way too much credit. I just play defense all the time. I try to not let anything happen on my computer.

My phone on the other hand...I do a few things with Firefox similar to desktop but all the other apps....fuggedaboudit. That's why I use Koho. Android is Google. Like everywhere...they're way too nosy. But hey...we like our convenient mobile computers. So we pay the price.

@BearFBI once the malware is installed, it's already over... the thing with drive by download is that you don't need to click on anything.. as soon as your on the page it's already downloaded the malware in the background looking for security flaws. once it finds a breach. the hacker is able to log keystrokes etc. 

since public uses JavaScript. it would seem high probability this infiltration can occur. especially with an outdated computer or device. idk @Anonymous I need your knowledge

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel Public's Website is secure. It depends what website your talking about. If your talking about selfserve then yes it is secure. It is hosted by AWS web services and has cyber security protection in place. I cant say much about the community because I've never looked deep into the community website.

The only thing that you have to be careful about is malware. If a hacker has your username and pass they have full access to your account. 

The only way PM can prevent this is 2FA via a txt message, or email.

I'm curious to know how secure public's website really is, when countless people say they've been subjected to fraud. has anyone heard of "drive by download"?

@mun0503 

Have you had your service restored by the moderators?

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it sounds fishy but isn’t @mun0503 ‘s service suspended?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This smells of phish from 1000 km.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 

I 100% agree with you sounds fake,    Let’s all be careful before we share our info if we’re not sure first if it’s legit.

Ditto. When I get things like that I hover over the link to see the first part up to the third slash. Or copy/paste the link on a mobile but not go to it. Link text can be anything. The link itself is what matters. If it's not what's advertised then I don't click on it.

I'm especially wary with Paypal payment links.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cellphoneuser1 

I 100% agree with you sounds fake,    Let’s all be careful before we share our info if we’re not sure first if it’s legit.

@cellphoneuser1 

Nice catch on that one I didn't even bother to investigate that one....or just get the e-mail address to start the fraud from....

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@mun0503 It sounds fake. That address doesn't work. It takes you to home page. The link was probably to a different site trying to steal your password.

@mun0503 

Thankfully it appears public mobile detected the fraudulent activity and suspended your account before the port  could be completed. Bear in mind you've had a security lapse that someone had learned enough info about you and your account to attempt to port out your number which could then be used to gain access to your financial institutions, email, PayPal etc.....accounts.  It would be in your best interest to change your account passwords, set up extra verification questions on your accounts, ( I even have verbal secret passwords for phone calls to my credit card issuers) and generally be diligent about all of your accounts going forward as you've been targeted for this very serious scam (possibly too much personal info on your social media?)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mun0503 

I have sent a message to the moderator working overnight in hopes of getting you immeadiate attention but you must contact them yourself to verify your identity and message privately to restore your service. Click on the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen to submit a service request via Simon. Type in contact us, fraudulent port, then follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. If Simon gives you the run around  I will give you the instructions to message them privately.

mun0503

Thanks for the reply!

I checked  my email, bank acc, they are all fine. Please help to restore the service for me. It is urgent!

thanks

@mun0503 

Oh geez this is a whole different kettle of fish.....and serious. First would you please check your email, bank account , credit cards and make sure nothing is compromised? Then you can come back and contact the moderators. Ill see if I can get the night staff to assist you....normally they wouldn't start assisting customers until 8 am et .

@Andu_S    Can you help this customer its a matter of urgency.

mun0503

I got the message said ”fraud@publicmobile.ca Public Mobile here. Your service has been suspended due to suspicious usage. To restore the service please email us at PublicMobile.ca, clicking https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fraud”

please restore the service for my phone. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.