Did you mean: 
will13am
Oracle

Re: Restore services to port number

This smells of phish from 1000 km.  

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes it sounds fishy but isn’t @mun0503 ‘s service suspended?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mun0503 

Have you had your service restored by the moderators?

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

I'm curious to know how secure public's website really is, when countless people say they've been subjected to fraud. has anyone heard of "drive by download"?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel4 Public's Website is secure. It depends what website your talking about. If your talking about selfserve then yes it is secure. It is hosted by AWS web services and has cyber security protection in place. I cant say much about the community because I've never looked deep into the community website.

The only thing that you have to be careful about is malware. If a hacker has your username and pass they have full access to your account. 

The only way PM can prevent this is 2FA via a txt message, or email.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI once the malware is installed, it's already over... the thing with drive by download is that you don't need to click on anything.. as soon as your on the page it's already downloaded the malware in the background looking for security flaws. once it finds a breach. the hacker is able to log keystrokes etc. 

since public uses JavaScript. it would seem high probability this infiltration can occur. especially with an outdated computer or device. idk @z10user4 I need your knowledge

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

since public uses JavaScript. it would seem high probability this infiltration can occur. especially with an outdated computer or device. idk @z10user4 I need your knowledge

@gpixel4 

You're giving me way too much credit. I just play defense all the time. I try to not let anything happen on my computer.

My phone on the other hand...I do a few things with Firefox similar to desktop but all the other apps....fuggedaboudit. That's why I use Koho. Android is Google. Like everywhere...they're way too nosy. But hey...we like our convenient mobile computers. So we pay the price.

Need Help? Let's chat.