cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problems with voice and text messages

SandraA1964
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Redmi note7 android and exact problem today...what did I do?

23 REPLIES 23

SandraA1964

Want to update here.  Thank you everyone for all your comments/suggestions/helpful advice.  My phone is working again as of noon today.  It really was a weird situation.  Just before midnight, I put my SIM into my friend's iphone, rebooted phone and then out the SIM back into my phone.  Text was still not working but I was able to get call without it going straight to voicemail.  It actually rang!.  Next morning, I fiddled around with settings...trying to turn off free internet messaging...Then as I was testing the text, it started working normal..can't really say anything significant was done or changed at that point but happy I can receive incoming text and calls again..Hope this won't happen again...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SandraA1964 wrote:

I have Redmi note7 android and exact problem today...what did I do?

Hello @SandraA1964 

Can you try your Public Mobile SIM into another compatible Public Mobile phone to see if services work?

When you insert the SIM into that other phone, reboot the phone with your SIM inside.

If you can perform a RESET of the NETWORK SETTINGS too, do that.

If services still do not work when you insert your SIM into another phone, contact Customer Support Agents to look into your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@SandraA1964 wrote:

I've been customer with public mobile for a couple years now.  Not new phone.  Just happened today...

If you send a text message to yourself (from the same phone), do you receive it?  Also, if you call yourself, do you hear your own voicemail?  I'm trying to troubleshoot if Public Mobile might have accidently assigned your phone number to someone else.  That doesn't usually happen, and when it does, it shouldn't affect your service except for maybe receiving phone calls intended for someone else, but I'm just trying to think of possibilities.

SandraA1964

You want me to clear cache and force close of original message app not the new Google messenger one I installed?

SandraA1964

I've been customer with public mobile for a couple years now.  Not new phone.  Just happened today...

@SandraA1964 wrote:

I did set Google messenger as default

The messaging app shouldn't have any effect on phone calls.  I know that you've stated that you can't receive phone calls or receive text messages, but were these things ever working and are you a new customer?  Also, is the phone that you're mentioning a recent change?  If you're a new customer and requested that a phone number be transfered to Public Mobile, this could possibly be a failed number port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bvereshagen wrote:

It worked for me so I don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.

@Bvereshagen : I just want to say good of you to come back in. I assume you got an email notification of the new post in your previous thread. So really appreciate you coming to help. Don't be a stranger.

SandraA1964

I did set Google messenger as default

SandraA1964

I'll try clearing cache

SandraA1964

I did a power off and on...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SandraA1964 : Have you opened the app yet? If you haven't then the original app is still the default.

SandraA1964

Thanks,. I'll keep trying different things ..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SandraA1964 : Did you try a restart? Or the other idea of clearing the cache of the app and then force closing?

Bvereshagen

It worked for me so I don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.

SandraA1964

I installed the Google messenger app and still cannot receive text or calls...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SandraA1964 : Have you ever gone to the Google Play store and downloaded/installed apps from it on to your phone? You can find the mentioned app and put it on your phone.

Edit: try also going in to settings/apps and finding the messaging app and clear it's cache and do force close and see if you can receive texts then.

SandraA1964

Thank you..

Ok..I'll have to ask my friend what that exactly means and have him help me ..I'm not very tech savvy at all.  

Bvereshagen

Change your messanging app to Google Messenger 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take it away @Bvereshagen :). You deserve this solution if you can get SandraA1964 going.

SandraA1964

Not sure what that means .. sorry

SandraA1964

I can call out and text out but can't receive texts or calls.  Just noticed it happening today .  I read through the thread but not sure I understand how to solve

Bvereshagen

Try switching messaging apps to Google Messages. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SandraA1964 : Did you read through the whole thread and decide that you're experiencing the same thing? Did you try the idea from the first person that replaced the texting app?

Or maybe you could describe what all symptoms you're having.

Need Help? Let's chat.