cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Porting from Public Mobile

fsloxy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my Public plan is active. with porting request it says the number is ineligible.

21 REPLIES 21

@fsloxy try this at Chabot, just type Contact CS Agent, then pick Contact Us and then pick Other, finally click Click her to submit a ticket.   You will then able to open a ticket with PM there

fsloxy

every message  that I send in the private bubble window gets auto answered with the BS loop, I cant get passed it.

Please help me to get through to  Public Mobile  their network team who takes care of porting. Level 1 customer support does not have access to those areas.

I cannot send a porting request when its getting blocked

@fsloxy 

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@fsloxy did you try open ticket with PM as advised above?  use chatbot or direct message 

fsloxy

I cannot a live support In PM either, sadly. Maybe I should report both.

@fsloxy 

Ultimately it is up to Fonus to sort out this issue for you. You should reconsider your decision to move to Fonus given the customer support you have recieved so far....but saying that you are still a customer of pm. Since we can only suggest what the answer may be....contact the CSA's for an explanation via private message or by clicking that chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. 

fsloxy

Fonus gets a message that the # is ineligible.

When I try to port it myself I get the same message.

Why is it ineligible? My plan is active.

@darlicious 

Yes, Canadian number can be ported into Fonus since around a year ago.  That is more a VoIP company, at least to begin with.  There is a long thread in Redflagdeals and Reddit.  Honest, I am a but suspicious with the operation, there were quite some drama in the beginning such as :

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/12/14/telus-not-working-with-fonus/

@fsloxy   I have a feeling Fonus just passing the ball to PM.  If your account  is active and if Fonus can confirm they can take your number   (250)-204 , based in Campbell River,  then there is no reason PM will decline it.    Again, be really careful about Fonus, there are quiet some stories about it. 

@fsloxy wrote:

I did. Fonus asked me to ask Public why are they making my # ineligible for porting.

That's a terrible response that your received from Fonus customer service.  When a number port request is rejected, a reason is provided.  Fonuse is responsible for handling all of this and you need to find out from them why they can't port the Public Mobile number in. I suspect that they don't offer phone numbes for the same city that  your curent phone number is from, and therefore can't port it in.

@darlicious wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Fonus is an American company that uses bell for roaming service in Canada.

Fonus was founded by someone in Montreal. Are they registered in the U.S. or in Canada as a business would be my question.

fsloxy

I did. Fonus asked me to ask Public why are they making my # ineligible for porting.

@hTideGnow 

Fonus is an American company that uses bell for roaming service in Canada. You can't port your to them as far as I know because they are not based here. Talk to Fonus about number eligibility.

Edit:

Only from some Canadian carriers and that's all they have to say about it.

@Anonymous   What's the matter with your other thumb?

fsloxy

Fonus asked me to ask Public why are they making my # ineligible for porting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fsloxy : The receiving provider are the ones to provide support. The sending account needs to be active and you need to keep its SIM in to confirm.

Edit: mobile one thumb typing 🙂

@fsloxy wrote:

My # that I want to port is 250204xxxx to FONUS mobile.

@fsloxy   Please mask out your last 4 digits.    the first 6 would be enough.  This is an open forum, don't want too many people to call you   🙂

Honest . this is a tricky one.  Not sure which network Fonus use.   Your number associated with Campbell River, all big providers (Rogers/Telus/Shaw/Bell) has their rate centre there.   But I am not sure which provider Fonus uses.  Maybe it is really a question you need to go back to Fonus

@fsloxy wrote:

My # that I want to port is xxxxxxxxxx to FONUS mobile.

To port your phone number out to another carrier, you need to be asking for assistance from the new carrier (Fonus).

fsloxy

My # that I want to port is xxxxxxxxxx to FONUS mobile.

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

@fsloxy 

If it's koodo prepaid or pc mobility then only customer support can transfer a phone number from those providers. Otherwise check your number portability here...

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@fsloxy  are you trying to port out your number to another provider?  If so, to which provider?

Most numbers cannot ported around but due to some rate center setup with some providers, some numbers could not be ported into specific providers.

Give us the area code and first 3 digits of the number and the provider you want to port to, we can lookup and see if it is eligible.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fsloxy 

Are you trying to port in thru your self serve account change number feature?

Need Help? Let's chat.