cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Outgoing texts to #474663

Buffalodon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I contacted Apple and they claim that they have never heard of it before.

55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Buffalodon wrote:

I would sure like some of whatever you are smoking!

I don't smoke...it. 🙂

Buffalodon

I would sure like some of whatever you are smoking!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Buffalodon wrote:

"oh well, you have unlimited texts... does it really matter?"

Yes of course it does! I do not want other people using my account for who knows what!!!!

So does Google. Welcome to the world of the corporate data collector. And all the behind the scenes government agencies. Where's that goss sarn tin foil hat anyway?!

Buffalodon

"oh well, you have unlimited texts... does it really matter?"

Yes of course it does! I do not want other people using my account for who knows what!!!!

Buffalodon

Yes I have disabled those as well but thanks.

@Buffalodon 

credits to CalgaryBen

Actually it isn't the disabling of SMS that you'd want to carry out here.  If you don't want the iPhone to SMS 474663 (which I agree should ideally be "white-listed" and not counted, but that's unfortunately not the case), then you'll have to disable iMessage and FaceTime.  If you wish to use iMessage and FaceTime, then there's no way to prevent these phantom messages from being sent, AFAIK.

To disable iMessage and FaceTime (it's a good idea to disable these on device before you insert the SIM card -- you can disable them after/while SIM card is inserted, but then there's no guarantee that some messages won't be suppressed): Settings --> Messages --> iMessage (slider to left so background turns white), and also Settings --> Messages --> FaceTime (slider to left so background turns white).

*oh well, you have unlimited texts... does it really matter?

**I guess apple is spying on you... Google downloads my voicemail messages and I don't even get visual voicemail from them 🙄

Screenshot_20200915-185350-01.jpeg

Buffalodon

Yes everything is up to date. I always ensure to do that. Thanks.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Buffalodon wrote:
Mayor already did all that, thanks.

And that did NOT work???

LOL @LurganIeUk I know right?  It should have worked, but I don't iPhone so what do I know.  😁

@Buffalodon what kind of iPhone is giving you grief?  Did you just updated that device to the latest version of iOS?  iOS14 seems not for all iphone.  Check this link on the Maximum iOS Version for your iPhone 

https://everyi.com/by-capability/maximum-supported-ios-version-for-ipod-iphone-ipad.html

I hope this helps.  Stay safe!

@Buffalodon wrote:

And that did NOT work???

Buffalodon

Buffalodon

My account activity and my time here and on my phone is 3 hours difference. The account time is ahead of my time.

@Buffalodon wrote:

I  have 2 iPhones. I took the Telus sim out of one iPhone and put the Public Mobile chip in. I took the original Telus chip from and put in my other iPhone. I have no problems with the Telus sim  phone. I am only having the issue on the Public Mobile sim.
As I already stated I contacted Apple and they told me thay they have never heard of the problem.

Ok for the problem phone, I suggest. 

Back it up

Do a full reset on the phone

Preferably on iTunes on a computer 

Then put the appropriate SIM in it and do minimal set up and see if the problem is gone. 

Then either continue to rebuild the phone from scratch or Restore it from the Backup. 

The new iOS seems to have some quirks. ie. Time zone changes and your clock is +1 hour. 

Notice that 474663 spells "IPHONE" on the dial pad?

I've heard of this before - it's something with the phone App on some google phones trying to activate visual voicemail, which Public mobile doesn't offer so it will continuously try and never get a response. Thankfully all current plans offer unlimited texting, so there will be no financial implication and could be ignored.... BUT you have an iphone

To stop this on android , edit the permissions of the phone app and disable it's ability to send SMS messages.

on iPhone i'm looking it up 🙂  seems this other post has some things to try:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Messages-474663/td-p/329481https:/...

"Here, how to stop that:

Step #1 : From primary screen: Push on Setting >>> Privacy >>> Location services >>> System Services >>> Share My Location = Put the button OFF

Step #2 : Go back to Location services (return) >>> Share my Location = Put the button OFF."

Buffalodon

Sorry but I am not understanding exactly what you are saying. Why would any of that make a difference anyway?

@Buffalodon wrote:

The only thing I see lower right is to accept resolution or reply. Nothing about Mods there.

Use this private link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Buffalodon 

Click on the empty chat bubble at the bottom right corner of the screen......

@Buffalodon 

Maybe our regular iphone guy @LurganIeUk can gjve you some insight on those numbers but i suspect its apple communicating with its servers when you changed up your sim cards between phones and providers.

Buffalodon

The only thing I see lower right is to accept resolution or reply. Nothing about Mods there.

Buffalodon

I  have 2 iPhones. I took the Telus sim out of one iPhone and put the Public Mobile chip in. I took the original Telus chip from and put in my other iPhone. I have no problems with the Telus sim  phone. I am only having the issue on the Public Mobile sim.
As I already stated I contacted Apple and they told me thay they have never heard of the problem.

@Buffalodon wrote:

I have already read all that and this is my reply and the matter has not been resolved.

Have you tried to contact a PM moderator? Choose the chat icon in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Buffalodon

I have already read all that and this is my reply and the matter has not been resolved.

Buffalodon

That is one of the numbers but there are many more.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Buffalodon We have seen cases of this before. Read this thread, some good info in it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Outgoing-texts-to-474663/td-p/288805

@Buffalodon wrote:

My account activity shows not only texts but calls going and coming from my number that I have not made or received and they do not show up on my phone BUT ONLY on my account activity.

Voicemail number?

778-581-14001 and to 778-580-4001?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Outgoing-calls-to-778-580-4001/td-p/347062

Buffalodon

My account activity shows not only texts but calls going and coming from my number that I have not made or received and they do not show up on my phone BUT ONLY on my account activity.

Need Help? Let's chat.