cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “One or more media attachments were removed“

SusanMarie
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I get that message for all picture messages. The last one I tried to download was only 750 KB. I can send picture messages. I don't have Whatsapp. My APN settings are Mobile Internet: sp.mb.com; Tethered Mobile Internet: sip.mb.com and CA - Public Mobile MMS: sp.mb.com. Cellular Data is on. I have an Alcatel U50 android phone.

95 REPLIES 95

@SusanMarie 

Silly request:

I know that you have enough data.  Just make sure that data is turned on.  MMS messaging does not use up data, but requires data to be turned.  

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SusanMarie did you try the following:

Go into Settings > Apps > [select your messaging app]

- select "Force stop"

- select "Clear cache"

- select "Clear data"

- restart your phone and test MMS

This has been suggested before but you never replied about it, maybe it just got lost among all the other suggestions? Give it a try (again) and let us know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SusanMarie wrote:

added ,mms to APN type, retried, now I get the original message again 'One or more media attachments were removed.' 

It would be much easier (maybe not for you 🙂 ) if you either did screen capture(s) of your phone. Or took picture(s). Or transcribed all the lines.

The screen capture would likely be pressing and holding the volume down button on the left side along with at the same time the power button on the right. That will drop an image somewhere on your phone. Then you can edit it either there or on a computer. Then you can upload it to here. Blank out personal info during that edit.

SusanMarie

added ,mms to APN type, retried, now I get the original message again 'One or more media attachments were removed.' 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SusanMarie wrote:

I don't know how to take a screenshot.

In Edit Access Point these are the settings: Name: CA Public Mobile MMS; APN: sp.mb.com; Proxy: Not set; Port: Not set; MCC: 302; MNC: 220; Authentication type: PAP; APN type: mms; APN protocol: IPv4; MVNO type:GID; MVNO value: 4D4F.

I dont know what any of that means.

After all this...it would have been so much easier to have been able to see it. We've seen actual pictures taken of screens - not just screen captures. The regulars here can spot a difference right away. But this has taken all this back and forth.

But at least you're staying engaged...albeit a little delayed with the rest of your life ..not fiddling around here 🙂

@SusanMarie  change it to:

default,hipri,mms

SusanMarie

APN type says 'default,hipri'

@SusanMarie  Go back into your APN settings and take a look at APN Type. Does it contain MMS as part of the string? If not you must append it to the end as follows:

,mms

SusanMarie

The Public Mobile SIM card is in the phone. I set up the data as you suggested, restarted and tried again, sending a 258 KB picture from my other cell phone. Now I get this message 'Couldn't download message'

@SusanMarie wrote:

No, MMSC says Not set

@SusanMarie  Edit MMSC and set it to:

https://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

as I mentioned above restart your phone and try to send an mms.

SusanMarie

Device storage says 6.44 GB used of 8.0 GB

SusanMarie

No, MMSC says Not set

@SusanMarie your last option may be to factory reset your phone. if you choose this route than you need to backup your phone as this will delete everything

@SusanMarie wrote:

I reset APN settings to Default, then went to Apps, Settings, but Network & Connection is not available as a choice to select after that.

@SusanMarie  Restart your phone. Is the Public Mobile  sim card in your phone? If yes,

go into the APN and add a new APN with the following settings:

APN.PNG

SusanMarie

rest network settings, restarted, tried again but still get the same result

SusanMarie

I reset APN settings to Default, then went to Apps, Settings, but Network & Connection is not available as a choice to select after that.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SusanMarie wrote:

I get that message for all picture messages. The last one I tried to download was only 750 KB. I can send picture messages. I don't have Whatsapp. My APN settings are Mobile Internet: sp.mb.com; Tethered Mobile Internet: sip.mb.com and CA - Public Mobile MMS: sp.mb.com. Cellular Data is on. I have an Alcatel U50 android phone.

@SusanMarie  Go into your APN settings  and reset to default.

Then do the following:

1. TOUCH APPS.
  2. TOUCH SETTINGS.
  3. TOUCH NETWORK & CONNECTION.
  4. TOUCH MOBILE NETWORK.
  5. TOUCH NETWORK OPERATORS.
  6. TOUCH AUTOMATICALLY SELECT NETWORK.
  7. TOUCH OK.
  8. WAIT WHILE THE PHONE SEARCHES FOR NETWORKS.
  9. THE AVAILABLE NETWORKS WILL BE LISTED. SELECT PUBLIC MOBILE FOR THE NETWORK YOU WANT TO USE.
  10. THE PHONE IS NOW CONNECTED TO THE PUBLIC MOBILE NETWORK.

Make sure data is enabled and try MMS again to see if it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SusanMarie 

Maybe your phone memory storage is simply full and the app is rejecting it due to lack of space to put it. The phone doesn't appear to have a whole lot of storage memory.

Maybe delete many of the conversations, or unwanted pics, or docs or downloaded files or clear cache of the browser etc.

@SusanMarie  Does your APN contain any MMSC fields?

@SusanMarie check your text message app settings to make sure everything is okay

• open your messaging application
  • tap on the option menu button and tap settings
  • tap on advanced
  • enable auto retrieve and check "maximum message size" adjust it if necessary

@Carniam wrote:

Do you still have data left?

Remaining plan data is not required to send or receive MMS.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SusanMarie , you could try deleting the messaging app cache, force close it, reboot phone and try again.  The problem does not appear to be with the MMS service.  If it was, you would not have receive the message and be afforded the opportunity to attempt to save it.  Beyond that, my suggestion is to not use the MMS platform to share pictures.  The quality of the images are so low resolution that viewing it as anything more than a thumbnail would yield pretty bad results.  Sending the image in its native size using email would be better.  

SusanMarie

I have not been able to open/download/see picture attachments from anyone in months. They are mostly all .jpg files that I'm trying to receive.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you downloaded attachments from this person before? Can you provide the type of file it is?

SusanMarie

I have about 1.24 GB of data left.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you still have data left?

SusanMarie

I reset the network, restarted the phone and tried sending a 377 KB picture from another phone via Messaging but it's still gives the same message after trying to open the attachment 'One or more media attachments were removed.'

@SusanMarie wrote:

I have an Alcatel U50 android phone. The last picture attachment I tried to download was only 750 KB and it gave the message that the media attachment was removed. 

I suspect that there could be an issue with the format of the file. I would suggest that you have the other person resend the pciture, or even a different one to test.  I would also try sending yourself a picture message to see if it gets received.

@SusanMarie try resetting your network settings

• open settings>backup & reset
  • tap network settings reset
  • tap reset settings
  • tap again to confirm
  • restart 
Need Help? Let's chat.