cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving all text messages.

Annfuller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with these for most 3 years and am not receiving my calls or messages all the time. It can be for 4 hours after the other person sends a message. My husbands does the same thing

13 REPLIES 13

@Annfuller wrote:

See the thing is. It's been fine for a long time and it just started about a month ago so I'm not why the phone compatibility makes a difference. Or the phones around me

You raise a valid point, @Annfuller .  The reason some users [myself included] suggest folks try other people's phones around them is to isolate whether it's a general overall reception issue -or- more of an individualized device issue.  The fact it's happening to 2 separate devices [unless both are identical devices with identical operating systems] suggests it may be reception based.

Other suggestions include trying placing your SIM in another person's device, and conversely, trying their SIM in your device.   Then try texting with each other's SIM's to attempt to isolate/troubleshoot source of potential issue.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Annfuller 

If after network reset is done on both phones, and ensuring both are fully updated, the problem persists, I would recommend contacting Public Mobile moderator group to have them investigate the problem.

Because this issue affects both yours and your spouses device, your spouse should also make contact to the moderators separately in their Community account such that the Moderators may address both phones/services.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

If calls were not coming through as well as SMS delayed.. sound like a reception issue.  Did you experience this a lot in a particular area, like your home?

Check the Telus Tower link in the posts earlier, maybe you are a bit far from the Telus tower or at some "dead" spot

I think important part is whether you can find out if this happen most in a particular area (e.g your home) , then you an open a ticket to the mod and see if they can troubleshoot further

Also, I wonder if force the connection to 3G would help, anyone can confirm?

@Annfuller wrote:

See the thing is. It's been fine for a long time and it just started about a month ago so I'm not why the phone compatibility makes a difference. Or the phones around me

@Annfuller 

Sorry, you are right. If it was working before, unlikely to be factors in your situation.

Community members are customers like yourself and don't have access to your account or know your past experience.  We need as much details as possible for us to offer relevant advice. What have you tried so far to troubleshoot then?

A few things to try:

Reboot your phone

Network reset of phone.  

Annfuller

Does not. But thanks

coryquinlan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Check to see if the phones need a update.

Annfuller

@Annfuller 

Do your family, friend or neightbours around you also use Telus, Koodo or PM?  Might be a reception issue around your area.  

Which model phone do you and your husband use?  Sometimes it could be a compatibility issue with your phone.  

Annfuller

I know texts don't use data. And I have already done all this. It's not only my phone either it's my husband as well.

@Annfuller wrote:

I have been in the same location since I got the service. Data is glitchy

Actually text message does not use wireless data.  As long as you have a cellular connection, SMS would work.  You could try clearing the app cache on the text app, rebooting the phone to see if it helps.  

@Annfuller wrote:

@Annfuller 

Check the following cell phone tower map.  Check for either Telus or Bell towers.  

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

I will split this thread to start your own thread.  

Annfuller

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Annfuller wrote:

I have been with these for most 3 years and am not receiving my calls or messages all the time. It can be for 4 hours after the other person sends a message. My husbands does the same thing

@Annfuller 

More details would be helpful.  Do you live in a more remote area with poor reception?  Which brand and model of phone?  Is the issue only at one location? multiple locations?  What about data?  Does it work fine?

Need Help? Let's chat.