cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not happy with Public Mobile.

Mccafe_54
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To all members of Public Mobile.

Its not a great service to have with phone plans.

My fiance had problems with them since she been with Public Mobile.

She got a 25 dollar voucher minutes worked not even 2 days that was all.

then they say no sim card it was brand new.

Now if they could reimburse the 25 back that be awesome but its will not happen.

Cause they are un refundable. Its not fair to the customer that phone does not work.

I think they rob customers of there minutes and time on phone.

Cheap yes but not very reliable service at any rate.

Payiing for a sercvice that is not trustworthy and customers should not be put in that position.Now had to go with another services provider just to dish out more money just to have phone working properly.

Do not use this service.

Sincerely 

Disgrunted customer..

7 REPLIES 7

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's not fair, which is the reason I put very little stock into an online review of anything other than a company's interaction

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Mccafe_54 wrote:

Its not fair to the customer that phone does not work.

Do not use this service.

Sincerely 

Disgrunted customer..

How is it “fair” that PM takes the fall for a customers phone that potentially isn’t working properly? Did you remove and reinstall the SIM card and reboot the phone before suggesting to us that we “Do not use this service”? Too late for me.

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Mccafe_54 wrote:

Its not a great service to have with phone plans.

My fiance had problems with them since she been with Public Mobile.

Now if they could reimburse the 25 back that be awesome but its will not happen.

Cause they are un refundable. Its not fair to the customer that phone does not work.

I think they rob customers of there minutes and time on phone.

Cheap yes but not very reliable service at any rate.

Payiing for a sercvice that is not trustworthy and customers should not be put in that position.Now had to go with another services provider just to dish out more money just to have phone working properly.

Do not use this service.

Sincerely 

Disgrunted customer..

When you are saying that the phone said no sim that makes me think it is probably more of a phone issue.  Can you give us more details?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Mccafe_54 

Public Mobile service is exactly as reliable as Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin, and Lucky because they all use exactly the same network.

You are correct there's no refunds. The same as with every other prepaid carrier.

I'm guessing all these problems you (or your fiance) experienced are caused by a trying to use a PM SIM card in a carrier-locked phone. Or by some kind of activation problem.

This is easy enough to sort out. First login to Self-Serve to confirm your account, SIM card, and plan are activated.

• If the account, SIM, and plan ARE NOT activated then you might be able to immediately fix it yourself in Self-Serve or you might have to contact the @CS_Agent to get it fixed.
  • If the account, SIM, and plan ARE activated then the problem is almost certainly that the phone is locked. You (or your fiance) will need to contact the carrier which locked it (the one which sold the new phone) to get it unlocked. Alternately, you (or your fiance) can use a different, unlocked phone. The SIM card (along with the phone number attached to it) can be tested or used in different phones without any issue - you can even test it in your own phone, only takes two minutes and a couple restarts - but it won't work in any phones that are locked.
  • It's also possible the phone isn't radio-compatible (because it was meant for a foreign market or because it's an obsolete dinosaur). It's also possible the phone is blacklisted (registered as lost/stolen/etc). It's also possible the phone is simply broken. But I'm assuming the phone came from Canada, works fine, and is totally legit. So no need to complicate things. Just test the PM SIM card in another phone which is unlocked and works on any (every) Canadian carrier.
  • Final possibility is that you (or your fiance) are the victims of SIM fraud, SIM scam, SIM theft. This is a serious issue - change all your passwords to everything and secure your online accounts (especially your online finances) immediately! But it often happens when the SIM card was purchased from a criminal. If the SIM card wasn't purchased directly from PM then PM is not at fault, they (and their customers) are just as vulnerable to this crime as every other carrier.

You can file a consumer complaint with the CCTS if you like. But beware that they will dismiss any complaints which do not follow their own procedures, and the most important first step in these procedures is that the customer can prove "reasonable" attempts have already been made to communicate with the carrier to resolve the problem. The people on this forum are customers just like you, if you want to communicate directly with PM then you've gotta get a support ticket through the Simon chatbot or you've gotta send a private message to the @Moderator_Team 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mccafe_54 Public Mobile does not "rob" coustomers of their money. The issue your fiance was having can be solved through us or the support team. 

Can you give us more info on your issue so we can try and assist you ? 

I've been a happy public mobile customer for 9 months now without any issues or problems. Im absolutely loving it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disgruntled customer:

Sorry to hear your experience. Many thousands of customers are going on without a care in the world that their service works as expected.

Perhaps if we'd had a chance to help you with the problems you mentioned you might have had a better experience. Or to have the moderator team have a chance to help you.

@Mccafe_54 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Mccafe_54 

Have you already activated with another carrier? If not, can you give us more details so we can assist you?

Need Help? Let's chat.