cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No data connection, cannot reset APN,any ideas?

tavesone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see that this was dated in March of last year.  Here it is almost a year later and I have the identical problem.  Surely someone has resolved this problem at some time.

I have installed a PM sim card and I cannot change the apn from telus to PM.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tavesone : Without a tag (the @ sign) or quote we can't know exactly what you're replying to for context.

tavesone

Didn't work first time around, I'll give it another go.  I had no problem with the PM sim card on my Samsung Galaxy.  Just on my Oukitel c17 pro.

tavesone

No go, but thanks for trying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tavesone : Maybe another option is this site Option #5. My Samsung S7 running A8 can already change APN's so I can't really know but give it a whirl. Let us know.

Edit: Earlier thread referenced in my first reply is here.

@tavesone try using the sim in the other sim slot

@tavesone 

Well known issue with some android phones/manufacturers.  

Here is another thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/APN-settings-Greyed-out/td-p/618717

As mentioned before, you have different options to solve the issue.  Freedom mobile SIM trick, APN app and contacting moderator team.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tavesone :There's an unofficial app that has been known to work for A9. No guarantees or warranties. You would likely need to give it some permissions as it's not on the Play store.

tavesone

sorry, that's c17 pro

tavesone

oukitel c7 pro, android 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tavesone : Did you try all the suggestions in this year old thread you found? There's also an unofficial app to edit the APN on 8.1. There's allegedly a text that the mods might send that sets it as well but that seems rather YMMV as far as a mod that will do it.

What exact make/model/submodel and OS version are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.