cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

Newfiekat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As an existing customer, can you confirm if I can change my plan to one of the $5 off plans? And if so, it doesn’t show as $5 off in my account, will it change once added?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Newfiekat : From what I could see from looking at the three tiers of the big 3 providers, this place and Koodo are the only ones that have the feature of buying the add-on once and it staying on until consumed. ALL the others are just the one term or less if you only pay once.

I'm on a grandfathered limited minute, limited text, no data plan. I'm a very low usage customer. Especially this past year. I also have 2 other accounts with the same plan. I have a dual-SIM phone. So that doubles up the minutes and texts. But I have piles of gifts for calling and have used some of gifted data. I still have quite a bit of data left of the original 5gb bucket I got the second account for. I love add-ons 🙂

@Newfiekat 

I have multiple free data add ons on my $15 plan but I have only used about 400mb of add on data over and above the plan data since July 2020. In theory an add on can stay on your account forever if you barely use it....its like the international calling add ons we recieved for free at Christmas I don't know when if ever I will use them unless  I use up all my Canada wide calling add ons and I happen to dip into them after using up plan minutes.

@Newfiekat wrote:

Thanks! I didn’t realize the add on data would stretch out over a month if not used. Thanks for this info

@Newfiekat   Just a slight correction in that all domestic add-ons (mins/data) stretch over as many months as it takes to use them up completely. 

If you're on the $15 plan having some data add-on and $5/500 Canada wide mins add-on is a great back up plan for those times when you've used up your plan data/mins.  It's up to you how many multiples of each you want to keep on account as insurance of course.

Newfiekat

Thanks! I didn’t realize the add on data would stretch out over a month if not used. Thanks for this info

And don't forget the freebies. I rarely use the 250mb and a I have a pocket full of free data. So if the occasion arises.....I have access. 

@Newfiekat 

If you don't use a whole lot of data you may be better off keeping your canada wide $15 plan (there is only a province wide calling $15 plan now so you would lose it if you change it.) Instead purchase the $15/1gb data add on ( $15 plan+$15/1gb=$30) which us a little more expensive than the $25/1gb plan but you get the 250mb of plan data and will only use the 1gb data add on when you exceed your plan data and the add on will roll over each month til completely consumed. Plan data simply resets every month whether you use it or not.

For example if you only need about 750 mb a month the 1gb data add on would stretch over two months making your plan $22.50 ( $15+$7.50=$22.50) or if 500mb was used each month it would be $18.75 ($15+$3.75=$18.75) as your $15/1gb data add on would stretch over 4 months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Newfiekat : This is what I like about using add-ons with the limited-minute/low or no-data plans. You buy the add-ons once and they stay until consumed. So the $15 plan comes with 250MB data. Not a lot of data. But if you don't use much then when you might happen to go over, the data add-on will act as your overage. Then when your plan renews, you will return to using the plan data. Same as calling minutes and the add-ons.

Newfiekat

I see. I just have a $15 plan now and wanted to add a gig of data. So I thought the $25 plan would have been ok. 

@Newfiekat 

But are you certain you are really paying $5 more than the advertised price right now? How long have you been a PM customer? These aren’t really sale prices, just the same as they always were before they decided to call them a SALE because the price is going to go up soon...maybe...

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Newfiekat 

The plan will show at the $5 discounted price. Scheduling a change at next renewal will lock in the discounted price and your current plan is grandfathered in at its current price until you change it.

Need Help? Let's chat.