cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I couldn't get incoming calls. it goes to voicemail right away. Help please!

dkai12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please help

my calls going into voice mail directly

46 REPLIES 46

@thompsonpaul 

Yes for the OP for their situation atm. Whatever problem the network is having that telus is trying to fix is having enough of a delay that its causing calls to default to voicemail. Thus by staying in 3g there is no delay and the call rings thru to the users device.

@thompsonpaul   PM is not anomaly.. All three Tier3 providers are like this.  This is to provide cheaper plans but at the same time make them less competative to their Tier 2 cousins, try not to overlap the market

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thompsonpaul : PM can do data and text on LTE/4G but talk only on UMTS/WCDMA/HSPA/3G. It can also do data and text on those.

If the phone is set to LTE first then it idles there. When a call comes (or made) the phone switches to 3G. Then back to LTE.

Setting it to 3G first let's the phone stay in native 3G all the time. Data may be faster but there's some latency.

thompsonpaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is your suggestion to specify settings to only connect to the 3G network, @darlicious ?

Public's a bit of an anomaly in that they actually use the LTE network, but limit the speed to the equivalent of 3G. So I'd assume leaving the phone set to connect to LTE will actually provide better, more consistent signal quality with better latency etc. Even though receiving 3G speed.

@dkai12

Each phone is different but this is what you are looking for.....

Screenshot_20210612-115408~2.pngScreenshot_20210612-115536~2.pngScreenshot_20210612-115641~2.png

@dkai12   Yes, try the 3G only.. if not, open ticket with mod first while we try to help

(I see you replying on 2 threads on the same issue, let's stick with this one, easier to manage)

dkai12

Ok trying

@dkai12 

can you tell us what you have tried?

1. you try changing to 3G only?

2.    are you in the Ottawa area?  PM confirmed there is issue in the area. 

3.  have you open a ticket with mod yet?  If not, please do so

(after open ticket with mod, please monitor the Community Inbox here)

a. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

b. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dkai12

Still going into voicemail 

thanks

@dkai12 

Do you live in the Ottawa area?  

A few customers also have the similar issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Calls-not-receiving/td-p/694700

PM/Telus is working on the issue.  One customer was able to get calling to work by manually selecting 3G network.  

time to open a ticket with Mod if you have not done so:

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dkai12

Try all that

not working 

@dkai12 

@dkai12 wrote:

how to change 3g

Do you have Android or iPhone?

Here is a link:

https://www.wikihow.com/Switch-from-4G-to-3G-on-Android

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/apple/ios/ios-11/guides/24/Switch-between-3G-4G-Apple-iO...

Is text and data working fine?  

Maybe also try the following: (if you haven't tried)

network reset of phone

make sure "do not disturb" function is not set on. 

toggle airplane mode on/then off.

Try your PM sim card in another working phone.  Helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem. 

dkai12

how to change 3g

@dkai12  Try changing the network to 3G only for now.  I see some good news that calls are working again after changing to 3G.   

@dkai12 wrote:

been trying with moderator since noon

not acceptable

did you check your Community inbox (envelope on the top right)  Mod will communicate with you via messaging you there.

Worst case , message them directly for update

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dkai12

yes out calls working

just incoming calls

also says KOODO now as service network

dkai12

been trying with moderator since noon

not acceptable

dkai12

I took sim out

still going into VM

Please help

@dkai12 wrote:

trying to solve case with moderator

no sucess

please help

If there is an issue with your specific account, you'll need to keep working with the moderators. Only a moderator can fix an account issue, if there is one.

Are outgoing calls working?  I'm trying to determine if the wrong type of network is being connected to as connecting to the HSPA+ network is required for voice service.

dkai12

trying to solve case with moderator

no sucess

please help

dkai12

existing line.

just happened 2 days ago

all calls going into voicemail

I try to reseat sim and same issue

please help

@hTideGnow 

Oh right...I didn't notice the change in customer.....

@dkai12  you have registered on Community for some time,  is this issue for an existing line you have ?  or a new activation?

if new activation, follow the instructions above.

If it is for an existing line, did you try reseating your SIM yet ?  Power down the phone, take the SIM out, wipe it clean, put it back and power on.

@dkai12 

Do you still have your old sim card? Put it back in your phone. You will still have full service with your previous provider. Then either contact the moderators as instructed or you can call the telus porting department with your old account # and request to port your phone number back again.

With the old sim card in the phone make sure you reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it. (You probably missed this step the first time.) Once the service stops on the old sim card you can put the pm sim card in your phone and reboot. All your services should be working on your pm sim card now.

I will send you the porting dept. # in your private message box. The envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
  • when Moderator has responded to your by private message 

you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team !

for more information visit HERE 

just be patient with Moderator Team the will help you 100%

just be relaxed

Good Luck

dkai12

please help

all my calls going to voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

if is still have same issue you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

dkai12

all my calls going to voicemail

pls help

Anonymous
Not applicable

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
  • when Moderator has responded to your by private message 

you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team !

for more information visit HERE 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.