cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I WANT TO SPEAK TO HUMAN BEIGN NOT ROBOT

Dominicleroux5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I pre paid a phone bill for 5 months, now it can send messages and not receive any.

second time this happened. I’m getting frustrated. It’s an emergency phone for my son.

no freekin good if I can’t reach him!

please help.

thank you

dad

15 REPLIES 15

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JK8 wrote:

@barndoor 

Although not explicit that you cannot talk to a real person....this is on their home page.

A0A11E58-C4C3-4928-A83B-29A1A07EACB0.jpeg

In fact this add states "having online support means more money in your pocket and less waiting on hold " 

Just how can that NOT be interpreted that there is LIVE ONLINE support when the support is being compared to a phone call ? 

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

As you can see this thread has been split several times to create new threads for new members asking their questions under the same banner....

Say what ? 

LOL it wasn't off topic from the subject title until you brought up the issue of thread splitting . 😀

barndoor

@JK8 wrote:

@barndoor 

Although not explicit that you cannot talk to a real person....this is on their home page.

Although not explicit ???   Where is there a hint in there that the main online support comes from   bulletin board personalities with no access to your account specifics ?

Yes ..you guys do a fantastic  job  ....and had i been properly informed I would have been prepared to be patient rather than being thrown  into a situation where things are going  wrong and the only account assistance seems to be from a seemingly useless AI  and I have to relearn how to navigate a freaking bulletin board to get to the true  assistance .   I have had no issues at all for the last four years with my old company  so not used to even having to seek out account related  assistance .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : I've been with Telus since the old CDMA Motorola brick phone. There were very few times I needed to talk to someone. Changing phones ok. Changing plans ok. Then online methods came along.

I cut my teeth on pay as you go for the first time in Hawaii. H2O Wireless. Buy and activate a SIM and fill a pot with money. Oh wait I have to use an unlocked phone. Telus online chat figured that out. On my way. A great new experience.

Got back home and looked around for similar services and decided on Koodo for their add-ons. Then I read some obscure little article mentioning this place and that they're related to Telus. Went to a Koodo shop in a mall and the guy says oh don't go to PM...no support. Well I'm thinking what do I need support for. I rarely ever need it. Get all signed up here and all goes well. I know some like you don't have an easy experience starting up. Then I learn about this place and holy guacamole...instant responses and a crowd of people jumping in wanting to help.

Anyway blah blah blah the very few times that something technical trips up...you just gotta wait a little for the "support" to respond. First world problems and all that.

@softech 

As you can see this thread has been split several times to create new threads for new members asking their questions under the same banner....

@barndoor 

Retail salespeople work for their retailer and many on commission only worry about the sale and/or activation of a plan ( like walmart). Regardless of what provider they are selling to you its solely up to the retailer how well they train their employees and how up to date they are each providers policies, operations, sales etc....

Public Mobile does not hide the fact they have online only support even I knew that before switching whereas I didn't know how to find a referral code....but you can find the online only support messaging on the main website, on the sim card packaging, their advertising etc.....

Screenshot_20210505-200814~2.png

@barndoor 

barndoor

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Dominicleroux5 

Just to clarify a few things - there is no live (real-time) support at public mobile. They do not make any secrets about this. 

Maybe they make no secret of it but it sure isn't well publicized anywhere but in the community  .... . I  asked real time /live people questions about plans  on five different occasions  before I switched to PM  .. not one of them ever mentioned no live support  ... now to be fair I didn't ask .  EVERY one of those marketing  people that I talked to was online  and talking to me in less than five minutes ...most of them in seconds  .. so tell me  how is one supposed to know that there is no live help here when the live sales people seem to be crawling out of the walls . 

I have heard I don't know how many times now , that  the prices would be a lot higher here  if there was live support  ... I think that is a load of bunk . Get some of the sales team that obviously doesn't have enough to do because they are available so quickly  and have them  do support duty .  You paid volunteers do a great job  but when you come  here expecting live support because there has been such aggressive live marketing assistance it is a bit of a kick in the teeth . 

Sorry ... still stinging a bit from my activation issues and this comment does nothing to sooth the sting .

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dominicleroux5 wrote:

I pre paid a phone bill for 5 months, now it can send messages and not receive any.

second time this happened. I’m getting frustrated. It’s an emergency phone for my son.

no freekin good if I can’t reach him!

please help.

thank you

dad

@Dominicleroux5 

Speaking to a human, do you mean Public Mobile representatives? They are called Moderators and can be contacted for account related issues.

This seems like a device issue or settings on this particular device, I believe. Have you had any luck with other members suggestions?

Try a Reset of your Network Settings.

Then Reboot the phone.

For your future, if needed, see help article on Moderators: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dominicleroux5 

What is the brand and model of the phone? Is it an iPhone or Android?Assumimg the service is active what is the plan you have for the phone? The phone can send both SMS and MMS that are recieved ? But it cannot recieve SMS and MMS?

As mentioned  test the sim card in another phone to determine if its a hardware vs service problem. Try troubleshooting as follows:

1. Reboot phone.
  2. Remove the sim card for 10 minutes and reseat.
  3. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  4. Clear the messaging app's cache.
  5. Delete the conversations in the app and start anew.
  6. If its a third party app  uninstall it and use the embedded app.

After troubleshooting report back your results and we will go from there if the problem persists. With more specific info from you will allow better research into your model phone's specific known hardware/software issues.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Dominicleroux5 

Just to clarify a few things - there is no live (real-time) support at public mobile. They do not make any secrets about this. 

People you are dealing with here ( on this community forum) are customers like you. 

If your son is able to send messages, and not receive them, it's possible he may be using an Android chat or Apples iMessage based service.

Try adjusting Chat messages options.

1. tap Messaging app, 
  2. tap 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple adjust the iMessage settings:

1. tap the Settings app,
  2. tap Messages,
  3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

You may also want to log into the self-serve account and confirm that the account is displaying as ACTIVE. If it is not,  and there are sufficient available funds displaying, reactivate the plan while your on self serve.

@Dominicleroux5 

If above troubleshooting tips don't work, more details are needed to help.

Does talk and data work also?  

Is your account status active?

You could try the Public mobile SIM card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dominicleroux5  Now it can Send but Not receive?  Try to reseat the SIM card (power off, take SIM out for a minute and then put it back and power up again).    It happens to me before, too.  Regular reboot didn't resolve the issue  and reseating SIM fixed it for me.

Also, just to confirm, please go to Self-Serve to confirm if the account is active.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can you provide more details ?  Can you make and receive calls ?  Are you using an app ?

Try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.