cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Going straight to voicemail

linkr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happening to me and it seems that Public can't/won't address it - or even acknowledge the issue. Like others, I have gone through every single potential on phone settings.  The ultimate test was switching the SIM to a different phone - and it failed there, as well. So, it is almost assuredly a network issue.  Hate to switch - been with Public for many years, but I may have to. .Any suggestions for an alternate provider? 

11 REPLIES 11

@LoreckAvery wrote:

@linkr  Where have you found LTE service only? Is there a website or another means to find this out. 

I would go to the site 5G and 4G LTE, HSPA+ & LPWA network coverage map | TELUS to check coverage. Uncheck the boxes for all other network types except for LTE to find out.

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@linkr  Where have you found LTE service only? Is there a website or another means to find this out. 

@linkr wrote:

Switching the network to 3G only, works.  However, if I'm in an area with only LTE coverage, I won't have service.  Not acceptable.  I need to leave Public, unfortunately.

If you're ever in an area with only LTE service, you won't be able to make or receive phone calls anyway... But yes, you won't have any data service in that case.

I'm curious which areas you are aware of that have LTE but no 3G? There is a short but seemingly growing list I'm curious to be conscious of. I think most of the areas are Bell-owned areas out east - not so much Telus land in the west so far...

@linkr wrote:

Switching the network to 3G only, works.  However, if I'm in an area with only LTE coverage, I won't have service.  Not acceptable.  I need to leave Public, unfortunately.

In an LTE-only area, you would still have data and text message services. You're riight though that voice service won't work. Would Fongo be an option for you?  In those areas, incoming calls can be received their using a a data connection.

linkr

Jimfare
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switched to 3G worked!!!!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@linkr can you please go into your phone app and change the call forwarding settings from there? why would you switch over voicemail issues. just get youmail and forward your missed calls to that number. you'll also have the benefit of visual voicemail for free

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is it an iPhone?

I fixed mine by forcing it to 3G!! Try that 

@linkr a few more ideas to try.

Have someone try calling you with caller ID blocked - to do this they need to dial your number prefixed with #31#. If your phone is blocking based on caller ID, see if this results in any different behaviour.

Also try forcing your phone to 3G/HSPA/WCDMA mode, with LTE disabled. Maybe it's taking too long for your phone to switch from LTE to HSPA mode to take the call. Also, check how many bars/signal strength you have in 3G vs LTE mode.

You outgoing calls are working OK? Do you notice any difference in ring time for the caller before they reach your voicemail? Is the ring time before voicemail any different if your phone is completely off or in airplane mode when they try to call?

You mentioned you tried your SIM in another phone to no avail - was it another iPhone? Maybe try it in an android phone as well?

linkr

Thank you for reverting back so quickly!  I had seen that on a previous thread and had tried that, already, to no avail 😞

Thanks again!

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Any inadvertent call forwarding settings can be reset to default by dialing the following two codes:

##21# to clear unconditional forwarding

##004# to reset any conditional forwarding back to the default PM voicemail numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.