cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I phone public mobile and talk to a person? ....and what is the number?

dennymac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot make any phone calls the message given when I try to make any local call is I am sorry we cannot complete your call you don't have an active long distance add on.

I am not trying to make a long distance call I cant make any local calls as I get the above message!!

8 REPLIES 8

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dennymac sorry Public Mobile does not have customer service so you can not talk to a person.  What Public Mobile has is an impressive online community where chances are someone has already had the same issue as you and the answer is sitting there waiting for you.  That's us, fellow customers!  

But if there is a slight chance that the PM community cannot help you, you can always contact a moderator.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page, type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Stay safe!

@Jb456 @Anonymous 

Fixed it...thx!

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dennymac wrote:

I cannot make any phone calls the message given when I try to make any local call is I am sorry we cannot complete your call you don't have an active long distance add on.

@dennymac  Possible causes:

1. You are on a limited calling plan and used up all you outgoing minutes. To fix, purchase the 500 minute Canada wide add-on for $5.
  2. You entered an incorrect area code or number combination. Check your devices assisted dialing settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious  FYI. After PM added all the new add-ons the $5 add-on is no longer available to purchase through 611. I think they need to fix something in the phone system.  

@Jb456 

The $5 add-on NEVER came on 611. Now you can't get anything except the 1000 US.🙄

@Jb456 : you could un-strikethrough your last sentence if you like.

@darlicious  FYI. After PM added all the new add-ons the $5 add-on is no longer available to purchase through 611. I think they need to fix something in the phone system.  

EDIT - as per @Anonymous $5 has never been available on 611. Thanks z10 for the correction.

@dennymac 

When you call 611 what does it tell you? Are you out of outgoing calling minutes? You can(not)* purchase the $5/500 min add on thru 611 if you know your pin# or thru your account. It rolls over every month til fully consumed.

*see below

Edit: ninja'd

Edit#2: Oops my bad and @Anonymous and I just discussed that the day before! So @dennymac  you cannot purchase the $5/500min add on thru 611 nor much of anything else....its easy to add a voucher that way though!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dennymac 

What plan are you on? $15 by chance? If so that plan has 100 outgoing minutes. Billed by the minute not second. 

If you're on this plan log into your account and look at My data & add-on section. It shows your minutes there. If you don't see any that means you used them all up.

If all used you can buy a 500 Canada wide minute add-on for $5. Two steps to get the add on. 1 add money to account. 2 buy the add-on.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@dennymac wrote:

I cannot make any phone calls the messag e given when I try to make any local call is I am sorry we cannot complete your call you don't have an active long distance add on.

I am not trying to make a long distance call I cant make any local calls as I get the above message!!

Did you try putting a 1 in front of the number. Are you out of minutes on your plan? Log into self service and have a look.

Need Help? Let's chat.