cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I change username?

Fretman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@smp99 wrote:

Just so you and others are aware, use the same email as your PM account so community rewards will get transferred over properly. 

For the PM account, the email is usually the person's name.  For example, JohnDoe@public.com.  If I register in the community with this email, then would all my posts show as JohnDoe for the username?  I would prefer to keep my posts more anonymous using an alias name like alot of posters here.

8 REPLIES 8

@Bettycaligiuri wrote:

To change the name that appears on your public comments and questions, click on the 3 lines on the top right of the page then click "My account". Sign in to your account. Once signed in click on "My Profile" on the top left of the page. This is where you can change your first and last name which ends up being your username.

You can also change your security settings to ensure nobody can see your email and other personal information. To view and edit this, click on the circle with the flower in it on the top right side of your page. Click "my settings", then click on "preferences", then in the drop down below select "privacy". Once you've made the changes you want, remember to select save at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Users (except for Oracles) cannot change their Community usernames without the help of a moderator. Also, there is no relation between first and last name and the username (unless someone included a name in the username). The person's name in the Community profile can be left blank.

Your e-mail address is never visible to others no matter what you set your security settings to.

Bettycaligiuri

To change the name that appears on your public comments and questions, click on the 3 lines on the top right of the page then click "My account". Sign in to your account. Once signed in click on "My Profile" on the top left of the page. This is where you can change your first and last name which ends up being your username.

If you want to change your email (which I wouldn't advise), go to change username to change the email associated with your account.

You can also change your security settings to ensure nobody can see your email and other personal information. To view and edit this, click on the circle with the flower in it on the top right side of your page. Click "my settings", then click on "preferences", then in the drop down below select "privacy". Once you've made the changes you want, remember to select save at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps! 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

For PM, to be able to receive the community reward, the email addresses need to be the same in the community and your self-serve.

Useful informaton.  Thank-you. Lol. Good thing I was too lazy to think of another one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fretman wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

Just so you and others are aware, use the same email as your PM account so community rewards will get transferred over properly. 

For the PM account, the email is usually the person's name.  For example, JohnDoe@public.com.  If I register in the community with this email, then would all my posts show as JohnDoe for the username?  I would prefer to keep my posts more anonymous using an alias name like alot of posters here.

You created your username when you signed up to the community. You needed an email address as well. An email address can also be anything. It doesn't have to be anything real linking to you in real-space.

For PM, to be able to receive the community reward, the email addresses need to be the same in the community and your self-serve.

I would have interpreted your username as someone into guitars.

@Fretman It is also posssible to change your alias (i.e. @Fretman) after the fact, but your email JohnDoe@gmail.com can stay the same. I'm working on that now, at the advice of a few others. Just make sure your community account and your selfserve account, log in with the same email address, and you can call yourself what you like on here. Keep it respectful of course!

It has to be done by @CS_Agent .

@Fretman You could always create a new e-mail address that doesn't include your name. In any event, your Community account doesn't show your e-mail address to others.

Fretman

@LovesToPM , thanks for the quick response.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Fretman wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

Community username and email can be different. They are not linked.

Wait, you might already know this since you're logged on the community forum. Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.