cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

I am in hospital and have loads on money in my account.  When I try to phone my wife - not long distance - it says that I have no long distance money on my account.  I am in BC.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@IanR : Can you try dialing with a 1 in front? Are you possibly on the $15 plan and maybe out of minutes?

This is place is not a pay as you go service. Having money on the account is only useful at renewal or buying add-ons.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@IanR 

Does the call connect after the message? Did you put a (1) in front of the number when you dialed? Do you have the $15 plan? Have you exceeded the 100 outgoing minutes in your plan? Did you get the 10 minutes remaining text from pm? You can add $5 to your account balance ( if its $0) and then purchase the $5/500 canada wide calling minutes add on. Its a one time purchase that will stay on your account and kick in whenever you exceed your plans 100 outgoing minutes.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@IanR 

If you're VERY close to the US border, is it possible your device is connected to a US network when trying to call out?

If so, make sure the network listed on the device is "Public Mobile" - if it isn't, you can manually select it as opposed to letting device Automatically select networks.

You may also wish to check this below on your self serve page to ensure you have available calling minutes (if you're on a $15 plan which has limited outgoing minutes...).   

HALIMACS_0-1620163087724.png

IanR

I have loads of minutes left.  When anyone tries to p[hone me - ecause of COVID visiting is restricted - it just goes directly to the voice box

IanR

I am actually incommunicardo and very upset. 

IanR

My wiufe can't even phone me as it goes directly to the voice box

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@IanR 

Do you have a good cellular signal?

Can a patient representative assist with your needs?  It's likely there will be support in the hospital for folks in need of technology to communicate where visitation is restricted. 

If your service is ACTIVE, if the device has worked before, and if you are certain you're account isn't suspended (check self-serve account to be sure), you may wish to reach out to Moderators for assistance.

Hope all goes well.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@IanR 

It sounds like your sim card needs reprovisioning or your account reset. Here's s couple of things to try before or while you wait for a response after contacting the moderators.

1. Remove your sim card for 10 minutes then reseat and reboot your phone.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.

To contact the moderators click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type cannot send/recieve calls active account and human and follow the prompts to submit your support ticket. 

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Current wait times are 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times today are about one hour.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@IanR 

At the very least your wife can call your wards nurses station and they can relay a message for the time being or download the free fongo app for wifi/mobile data calling while you wait for the moderators to fix your calling issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.