cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

Sandytsui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please contact me ASAP at xxx-xxx-xxxx.  Someone using my phone number to make phone calls almost everyday.  Therefore, I have outgoing calls which I did not call the number and I do not know this number.  The phone number is 778-580-4001 and I searched the online yp.ca and found the number is spam number.  I have to block this number to protect my data for my cell.  I went to Honk Kong on Sept 29, 2020 and returned on Nov 16, 2020.  The day I was on the plane, my cell was turned on Airplane mode and my phone number was still has outgoing calls.  I am sure my phone number was stolen by someone and someone made outgoing calls. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

@Sandytsui members on the limited mins plan, usually call their voicemail from another phone or use a free VoIP app (textnow). you can do this by dialling your own number from the app and then pressing * 

*you will need to know your account pin

@Sandytsui 

*004*8080000000#

This will cause all calls to either ring forever or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

dial ##004# to undo/reset it.

@Sandytsui Dial your own number from your cell phone. It will let you listen or delete voicemails from your mailbox. 

EDIT: If you meant to get rid of the Voicemail feature all together, that is not possible. However, you can enable Extended Absence Greeting so caller will less likely to leave voicemails. 

Sandytsui

I received many voice mail from one phone number.  How can I delete my voice mail function?

@Sandytsui As z10user4 was saying, callers leaving you messages does not use your minutes. However, listenning to them does if you do that by holding the 1 key.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandytsui wrote:

My plan is 100 minutes outgoing calls monthly.  The spam number 778-580-4001 leaves voice mail on my phone daily and my available minutes was used by this spam number.  Is there are anything that I can do?  

This is not a spam number. You might have been called by a spammer that then went to voicemail though of course seeing as how you were/are out of country.

Callers dropping to voicemail should _not_ consume minutes. Look at your counter on your overview page. All activity will be logged in the usage details but the counter is the one that matters.

Sandytsui

My plan is 100 minutes outgoing calls monthly.  The spam number 778-580-4001 leaves voice mail on my phone daily and my available minutes was used by this spam number.  Is there are anything that I can do?  

@Sandytsui wrote:

How can I block this number on my phone?  Usually, incoming calls  I can block, but my call records never showed this number.  I have voice mail from this number and phone call records never showed this number.

@Sandytsui Go back and read the reply immediately above yours by @Anonymous . As he stated that is the voicemail number, no need to block it.

Sandytsui

How can I block this number on my phone?  Usually, incoming calls  I can block, but my call records never showed this number.  I have voice mail from this number and phone call records never showed this number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandytsui : That is the voicemail number. Someone calls, you don't answer, it drops to voicemail. Dropping to voicemail is basically call forwarding. So it looks like an outgoing call.

Need Help? Let's chat.