cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

HomeWatchCanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First things first. How do you talk to a real person? This isn't so cheap only robots are hired.

Question - Started with a phone at 15 dollars NO DATA No problem Did not need it. Then I did. so upped the anty to 25 dollars with limited Data. DATA NEVER HAS WORKED. Still no data. So found another phone yesterday that is far more current ( I was told my initial phone was too old) Anyway the new one is a couple of years old and YUP No Data registering. So is this normal, a rip off, an error on Public Mobile NOT recognizing I had upped my payment to include limited Data? Starting to think I should be heading off to a FIDO or something where there is no question marks. 

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@HomeWatchCanada   Data issue usually have to do with setup of the phone.  Some phones are easier but some require a bit of work.

What kind of phone is yours? Brand and model.?

Generally it is an APN setup issue.  You might need to manually set it up or to confirm.

Here is the APN settings you might want to check

• Name: Public Mobile
  • APN: sp.mb.com
  • Username: (Not set – Leave it blank)
  • Password: (Not set – Leave it blank)
  • Proxy: (leave it blank – not set )
  • Port: (Leave it blank – not set)
  • Server: (leave it blank )
  • MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
  • MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
  • MMS Port: 80
  • MCC: 302
  • MNC:220
  • Authentication type: (none)
  • APN type: (default,supl, mms)
  • APN protocol: (IPv4)
  • Bearer: (Unspecified)
  • Mobile virtual network operator: (none )

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HomeWatchCanada wrote:

First things first. How do you talk to a real person? This isn't so cheap only robots are hired.

Question - Started with a phone at 15 dollars NO DATA No problem Did not need it. Then I did. so upped the anty to 25 dollars with limited Data. DATA NEVER HAS WORKED. Still no data. So found another phone yesterday that is far more current ( I was told my initial phone was too old) Anyway the new one is a couple of years old and YUP No Data registering. So is this normal, a rip off, an error on Public Mobile NOT recognizing I had upped my payment to include limited Data? Starting to think I should be heading off to a FIDO or something where there is no question marks. 

If you enable autopay, you should have 250MB data for your $15 plan.

Did you change your plan to $25 plan immediately or schedule to your next renewal date?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@HomeWatchCanada 

@HomeWatchCanada wrote:

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  PM customer model is online, no actual live person to talk with.  The members of the community forum are customers like yourself, but have experience in helping others.  Moderators are actual PM employees who can be contacted via ticketing system or private message.  However, many issues can be solved without moderator help.  

Did you check your self service account  to see whether you are on the $25 plan?  You should also see the 1GB data counter in the Data and add on section in overview page.  Which model phone do you have.  

A few basic trouble shooting advice:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone.

You might want to check the APN settings.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/what-you-should-do-after-activating

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.