cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

IanR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in hospital and have loads on money in my account.  When I try to phone my wife - not long distance - it says that I have no long distance money on my account.  I am in BC.

28 REPLIES 28

@darlicious 

problems like the OP was having, getting cut off, add-on not activating when the mins run out etc. 

@IanR 

just so you avoid any other issues, I suggest always paying for your bill the way you have it set up now. always make sure you pay ahead of time and have 'available funds' in your account. and you will have a reliable service. 

@gpixel 

Well thats a weird work around to get your calling working again and an expensive one but if the OP is happy enough with the result then kudos to you.

But what problems with the $15 plan are you talking about? All but one if my referrals are on this plan along with one of my personal accounts and have yet to encounter any issues with this plan.

@IanR 

I'm that you are satisfied wirh the end result to get your calling working again. Of course I would not be satisfied with that work around but if you were reluctant to contact the moderators to fix the issue then there is no point in asking for a credit either....perhaps you do need call centre support. Use up your account credit and maybe consider other providers.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@IanR 

there has been a lot of issues with that $15 plan.... $23 is already cheap and you don't have to deal with running out of mins etc. if you feel you do want to save money again and deal with headaches, you always have the opportunity to do so.

imo I don't believe it's not worth doing all these workarounds to save $10. that's just me though. after 5 years your $23 becomes $18

IanR

Your suggested solution did work.  thank you very much.  

IanR

Hi.  Just to let you know that changing the plan did work.  I had already put $50 on and would have wasted it if I had changed providers so thought that I may as well try it.  The whole process was extremely frustrating as due to COVID I can only have my wife visit and not my children so needed the phone.  I had only used 22 minutes of the 100 minutes I had on the plan so lost that but can keep in contact with my children.  My experience would not lead me to recommend public mobility to anyone but thank you all for your help.  

@gpixel 

I still don't see how changing plans will fix the OP's calling issue?

as OP is in the hospital, I understand that they need the phone more than ever.. a reliable one.  It's frustrating going through this.   

@darlicious 

oh well, they haven't replied back. maybe they already switched providers...

some people like to diagnose the issue, others would rather have something that works. op has stated this has occurred more than once in a short period of time. I gave them a solution without any workarounds 

most regular members know the $15 plan has been a headache recently. what's more important, saving a few dollars or being able to speak with family?

@gpixel 

Sorry but I'm flumoxed by your suggestion. The OP has only used 22/100 min. The wife can easily call the OP ( if his calling was working) and he has free wifi in hospital. Your suggestion makes it sound like by changing plans his calling in/out would suddenly start working....which is very doubtful. So he would throw away the money he has already spent for his plan to pay for more services he doesn't need that would likely still not work. And being in hospital is usually when you need to save money because your income may be limited and expenses are more...

@darlicious they're in the hospital for who knows how long.. I think this is the better option for them. why worry about minutes and saving money... they can easily downgrade after

@softech 

In and out.

@gpixel 

Thats not going to solve the issue for the OP.....doesn't matter what plan they have they still cannot make or recieve calls! That just wastes their money.

@IanR 

since you're in the hospital I suggest upgrading to the $25 unlimited calls immediately and you will have unlimited talk. when you get out, you can downgrade back to the $15 plan.

restart your phone after purchasing the new plan

@IanR  So only Incoming has issue and outgoing is fine?  Try re-seat the SIM (power down, take the SIM out for a minute and put it back in , power up).     It happened to me before.  Normal reboot didn't work and I have to re-seat the SIM to fix it.

@IanR 

I know it sucks to be in the hospital. ( Mind you I would love to be in the hospital right now because that would mean I would have a new left hip!) But I thought I was pretty clear when I told you to contact the moderators to fix the issue over 4 hours ago.....it would have been fixed by now!

Moderator business hours end at 10pm eastern...so submit your support ticket. Maybe you will luck out and a late night moderator will look into it if they see you are online and can verify your account otherwise they will be in contact in the morning.

As before download the fongo app so you have free calling in the meantime.....

@IanR 

Re your statements:

"Please feel free to check my account." &  "If you would like to refund me that $50 I will just walk away and get another server.   Please do not ask me the same question again.  I am tired, sick and fed up."

We know you're frustrated, however, you do realize that on this Community forum you're chatting with OTHER CUSTOMERS and not Public Mobile employees, right?

We cannot check your account or refund you anything - we're customers JUST LIKE YOU.  This is a public forum for use by customers who want to try to help other customers.

Anyway, I think you may be best served by dealing with the Moderators as, if you've tried the suggestions other customers have recommended, and you still don't have services, it may be time for Public Mobile staff to take over:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

IanR

Yes I have had services for several years. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@IanR wrote:

I have had services for several years.  It stopped working during a conversation last night.  I am sick of explaining the problem.  This is the third time.  If my wife phones me it goes straight to the voice box.  If I try to phone her a voice message comes on indicating that I do not have the money for the phone call.  I am covered for 100 minutes in BC.  I have only used 22.  Please feel free to check my account. My wife put an additional $50 on my account last night thinking that it was out but it had $34 on it.  If you would like to refund me that $50 I will just walk away and get another server.   Please do not ask me the same question again.  I am tired, sick and fed up.  

@IanR ,

If after trying these things ( @darlicious also mentioned as well):

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

AND

If you are showing Plan Minutes left on your Self Serve account then you could ask the Moderators to look into your account.

IF you have no minutes left, you can purchase a $5 addon for 500 canada-wide minutes. 

FYI - we are all customers like you; only the Moderators can look at your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them (EDIT: as also provided by @HALIMACS )

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Good luck and get well.

IanR

I have had services for several years.  It stopped working during a conversation last night.  I am sick of explaining the problem.  This is the third time.  If my wife phones me it goes straight to the voice box.  If I try to phone her a voice message comes on indicating that I do not have the money for the phone call.  I am covered for 100 minutes in BC.  I have only used 22.  Please feel free to check my account. My wife put an additional $50 on my account last night thinking that it was out but it had $34 on it.  If you would like to refund me that $50 I will just walk away and get another server.   Please do not ask me the same question again.  I am tired, sick and fed up.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@IanR wrote:

I am in hospital and have loads on money in my account.  When I try to phone my wife - not long distance - it says that I have no long distance money on my account.  I am in BC.

@IanR 

Sorry to hear what you are going through.

I see your Community Account is new as of today, just making sure...

1. did you have services before or
  2. did you just activate a Public Mobile SIM card?

@IanR 

At the very least your wife can call your wards nurses station and they can relay a message for the time being or download the free fongo app for wifi/mobile data calling while you wait for the moderators to fix your calling issue.

@IanR 

It sounds like your sim card needs reprovisioning or your account reset. Here's s couple of things to try before or while you wait for a response after contacting the moderators.

1. Remove your sim card for 10 minutes then reseat and reboot your phone.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.

To contact the moderators click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type cannot send/recieve calls active account and human and follow the prompts to submit your support ticket. 

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Current wait times are 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times today are about one hour.

@IanR 

Do you have a good cellular signal?

Can a patient representative assist with your needs?  It's likely there will be support in the hospital for folks in need of technology to communicate where visitation is restricted. 

If your service is ACTIVE, if the device has worked before, and if you are certain you're account isn't suspended (check self-serve account to be sure), you may wish to reach out to Moderators for assistance.

Hope all goes well.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

IanR

My wiufe can't even phone me as it goes directly to the voice box

IanR

I am actually incommunicardo and very upset. 

IanR

I have loads of minutes left.  When anyone tries to p[hone me - ecause of COVID visiting is restricted - it just goes directly to the voice box

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@IanR 

If you're VERY close to the US border, is it possible your device is connected to a US network when trying to call out?

If so, make sure the network listed on the device is "Public Mobile" - if it isn't, you can manually select it as opposed to letting device Automatically select networks.

You may also wish to check this below on your self serve page to ensure you have available calling minutes (if you're on a $15 plan which has limited outgoing minutes...).   

HALIMACS_0-1620163087724.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@IanR 

Does the call connect after the message? Did you put a (1) in front of the number when you dialed? Do you have the $15 plan? Have you exceeded the 100 outgoing minutes in your plan? Did you get the 10 minutes remaining text from pm? You can add $5 to your account balance ( if its $0) and then purchase the $5/500 canada wide calling minutes add on. Its a one time purchase that will stay on your account and kick in whenever you exceed your plans 100 outgoing minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IanR : Can you try dialing with a 1 in front? Are you possibly on the $15 plan and maybe out of minutes?

This is place is not a pay as you go service. Having money on the account is only useful at renewal or buying add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.