cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: All my outgoing calls show "Private number" on recipients' phones.

JohnnyXI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, I have the problem of every person that I call sees "Private Caller" on their phone instead of my number. It used to work but for some reason, it's stopped displaying my number on the called person's phone. I have tried removing and re-installing my sim card which did not help. I'm relatively sure that I've checked every setting on my android based up to date Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) that I can possibly find relative to blocking my outgoing phone number. On the off chance that "Caller ID and spam protection" could be the cause, I've just turned it off, but I don't have a call display phone handy to call and test. When I do I'll post the results.

10 REPLIES 10

Iaeejy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Find your call settings, choose supplementary services and click on show your caller id.

ca99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey it worked - Phone > Menu > Settings >Calls > additional settings > Caller ID > Show Number

JohnnyXI

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A8.

To reach the setting I mentioned earlier you must be in the phone app, also touch the 3 dots while the keypad screen is showing to get the 'settings' option.  If you try it from the main "settings" you won't see the "Caller Id and....." option.

JohnnyXI

Yes, that was it, under "Call settings" not just plain "Settings", turn "caller ID and spam protection" OFF.  Now people can see who called, 'cos I've got nothing to hide🙂.

@Anonymous   it wasn't a place holder post.  I don't do that

tell you what happened: 

I was stupidly referring OP back to an earlier post of this thread. (yes, i was searching for answer.  And you know what,  this thread was an old thread.  I wasn't aware and I  was referring back to the earlier post from last year. about updating the app on Google Play.    )

So, I cleared the original content.  I was to leave it blank.  But I found something else.  I don't want to repot as a new  cos people might thought I am doing trick to bank more posts than I should, that's why I re-use the old post

Sorry for the confusion.

(yes, next time, i will just cross it out so people know how stupid I am. LoL

No worry, but I just don't want you to think I am taking advantages.  Afterall, it's not the first post, no need to placeholder.  LoL)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnnyXI : The app if you will on your device where you touch numbers and a go button to talk to someone. Generally referred to as the dialer. There should be a 3-dot menu to open settings and somewhere down in there should be a show or hide setting.

Edit: @hTideGnow : Please refrain as much as possible from posting placeholder posts. Your post was blank when I refreshed. I replied. Then you had filled in your post. Good to edit it of course though an indication of an edit is also reasonable form. But placeholders are a bit of bad form to position yourself ahead.

But then hey who am I. Just another punter here with no power.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyXI 

you have this?

1. Find "Show my caller ID"
  1. Press Phone.
  2. Press the menu icon.
  3. Press Settings.
  4. Press More settings.
  5. Press Show my caller ID.
  6. Press Show number to turn on caller identification.
  7. Press Hide number to turn off caller identification.
  8. Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

JohnnyXI

"There should be a setting in your dialer to show or hide your number"

What do you mean by 'dialer'?

JohnnyXI

That's a good idea, I'll give it a try. Thanks, JA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnnyXI : There should be a setting in your dialer to show or hide your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.