cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2 hours and no solution.. how is this better than just having normal customer service?

Natashamary666
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having the same kind of issue I was with public mobile up until today which I had till the end of today meaning midnight to renew my plan I went into the store switched providers the person at the store tried to contact public mobile and they were rude told them they wouldn't give me back my number that I've had for years and it's important to me and it's past midnight my plan is clearly expired and I still have not heard nothing and I'm locked out of my government accounts a whole bunch of different things it's just been a nightmare this whole thing I would love it if somebody got back to me so I feel you

33 REPLIES 33

@Natashamary666 

If you have those private messages and no resolution came of them you have a case for the CCTS if you are up for it.

Natashamary666

I did pm them for overr a month with the issues so I tried oh well tha k you e eeyone 

@Natashamary666 

Interesting if you have no high data usage issues with the new provider maybe you did have an anomaly with your data usage on the pm side. Pretty much too late to investigate now and without informing pm to give them an opportunity to correct it really leaves no redress. If you ever come back just know the community is here to help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Natashamary666 : That's as may be but did you ever contact the CSA's here when you were going through data? I would be quite certain they'd be able to figure it out. Oh well. You're gone now. We'll welcome you back when you come back. 🙂

Natashamary666

Sadly I switched and I have had absolutely no data issues so it most definitely was not issues with the phone 

@Natashamary666 

My goodness what a mess....well my biggest concern was you were going to lose your number if you had gone beyond 90 days without payment. It is likely the salesperson at London Drugs was calling the telus porting department who who would be unable to help with account access with public mobile. If your new provider is either telus or koodo then you can port your number without an active account otherwise for all other providers your account must be active. So your best bet would be to reactivate with the $15 plan.

In regards to your data there is likely an issue with your device set up using all that data. There has been an odd anomaly that might have caused high data usage by accident in the past but there have been several google app and android OS software and security updates in the past 2 months. If you Don't have your phone configured to conserve data usage then you will continue to have issues with high data usage. This could lead to some expensive overages with your new provider so read the small print very carefully on data overage charges that typically range between $13/100mb to $15/100mb or $130/1gb and $150/1gb and not all providers will automatically stop your data once your plan allotment is reached. Here is some additional info that should help you.

Spoiler

Here is some more tips on data usage that can help you conserve data usage and/or find where high data usage is coming from.....

1. Turn your data saver on.*
  2. Set your data tracker to the correct calendar dates of your 30 day cycle.
  3. Set your data warning. ( I set mine to 25% of plan data**.)
  4. Set your data limiter. (I set mine to 50%.**)
  5. Turn off all background data in your app usage settings.***
  6. Set video content to play on wifi only ( or off altogether) in each individual app's settings.
  7. Turn off wifi assist for iPhone or the Android equivalent.
  8. For low data plans turn off mobile data and turn on when needed or to download MMS.
  9. Use free wifi when available.
  10. Double check that your phone is connected to wifi. Your phone can sometimes not automatically reconnect to wifi after rebooting, resetting or leaving/entering a wifi area.

*Android and iPhone's data saver tools work differently it is prudent to check settings in each phone's apps for such things as your photo app for device syncing, backing up etc.... Note: viewing or searching for backed up/stored photos can use considerable mobile data.

**Public Mobile sends out a text from 611 giving a warning at 75% and 95% of total data usage. If you have data add ons these warnings include both plan data and add on data.

**So if you just have 1gb of plan data you will get a warning at 756mb/1024mb and 973mb/1024mb. However if you have 1gb of plan data and a 5gb data add on (1024mb+5120mb=6144mb) these warnings will recieved at 4608mb/6144mb and 5837mb/6144mb respectively.

**This is why setting your data warning and limiter is important so that an errant app's sudden usage can be noticed and/or stopped by your phone's data usage tools rather than relying on pm's limited warnings system.

***Background data can use up to 38% of your data that is pure wastage.

Get in the habit of taking screenshots of your overview page and payment history before and after renewal for record keeping and checking that your data and/or limited minute/text counter resets.

@Natashamary666 wrote:

Sadly I tried for the last 2 weeks I would non stop buy data and it woud get chewed up for no reason even well not on and many agents just said it was my issue but gosh it takes me a month to use not even 2gb in one month then switched to u guys than all the sudden going through like 4 g in like 3 days not even using it so sadly had to switch 

@Natashamary666  Trust me, it's a device issue that you need to look at . You will end up the same on your new carrier if you don't fix it

you need to install some Data Usage monitor app and track which app chewed your data away

Common fix:   

- Disable OS auto-update or make "Use Wifi only", similarly with Google Play Store or iOS App Store

- Check your Cloud backup/Sync setting, make sure "wifi" only

- Facebook or instagram, disable auto video play

- Netflix or other streaming , check download when connected to Wifi only

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Natashamary666 : It's up to the new provider to help you. Simply that the old account needs to be active and have that SIM in to confirm. I'm not convinced that you wouldn't have similar data issues at the new place.

Natashamary666

Now if I could just figure out how to port it lol been waiting on hold forever never done it before but that k you everyone for the help 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Natashamary666 : It's generally a "best practice" to keep cell data off when not needed. You should check to make sure any OS or app updates are only done on wifi. You should check all your apps to have only those apps you want using the cell data in the background. You should check to make sure that when going out of range of wifi that the cell data doesn't kick in. Back to turning on cell data when needed.

Natashamary666

Sadly I tried for the last 2 weeks I would non stop buy data and it woud get chewed up for no reason even well not on and many agents just said it was my issue but gosh it takes me a month to use not even 2gb in one month then switched to u guys than all the sudden going through like 4 g in like 3 days not even using it so sadly had to switch 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Natashamary666 : Oh! I just assumed you found a plan that you preferred. What sort of data issues? Maybe you could have found some help here. And seeing as how you still sorta have an account here (although suspended), if you will be keeping your number and transferring it out from a reactivated account, then in that meantime of working maybe we can get your data sorted out.

@Natashamary666   Hope the porting out works out well in the end.  

Natashamary666

And yes only for 2 months as I was having major data issues that's the o my reason I switched 

Natashamary666

Yes I know now I apologise I have brain tumors so sometimes I don't think s out little details like that iam sorry iam gunna try to just delete these threads now thank you so much 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Natashamary666 : You came here just for a month??? And now you're leaving already? If you activated here on the 1st then your plan will have expired on Monday the 30th 11:59pm ET not 11:59pm ET of the 31st. These are 30 day terms. So no wonder you couldn't transfer out yesterday.

Natashamary666

Yeah I activated on the 1st of last month so I guess I was Thibking it would run out on the 1st so I guess it is what it is thabk you everyone for all the help 

Mobile agent does have a number to call for Public Mobile.   (I knew that cos I was there at Walmart and some activation issue, they called and got it sorted out.. kind of)

I guess the LD tried to call that number and the PM agent talked to him was rude

@Natashamary666  honestly, I think you need to renew your plan to reactivate it.  You can change the plan to $15 and then just activate this cheaper plan for another 30 days. 

it's normal that only numbers from active plan could be ported.  Some agent from provider might be able to accommodate on a case by case basis, but you can't rely on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Natashamary666 : I'm not sure why the person at LD was calling anybody. I'm not sure how in-store activations and transfers work. If it's much like online activations then you need to leave the original SIM in to reply to a confirmation text. Then it should be done shortly after. It sounds like this didn't happen and then the person decided to call here. Who? My guess is the person here was wondering why a transfer out problem was coming to them. My guess is that the call-in support here is for activation support for stores. Not helping people leave.
So you need to reactivate the account here and pay for another term to keep the number. Then you need to get the new provider to re-request a transfer. This would likely need to be done by the provider, not a store (unless it's a company store...not just a vendor which often look a lot like a company store). At this time you need to put this SIM back in and confirm the transfer. Then not long after it should be done.

Natashamary666

Great thabk you ever so much for all your time I just was not aware of exactly how it worked I apologise 

@Natashamary666 wrote:

Yes I did submit I think three tickets throughout the day today and the only reason why I came on to hear is just to see if I could get some sort of help from I think you guys are just like community members I'm not sure how it works

We're members. We can't make your plan active.

Natashamary666

Yes I did submit I think three tickets throughout the day today and the only reason why I came on to hear is just to see if I could get some sort of help from I think you guys are just like community members I'm not sure how it works

Natashamary666

Yes we contacted Public Mobile early this morning when we were switching it and the customer service person at the store said it should have been super easy but the public mobile person on the phone was rude I guess and and said that they wouldn't do it I don't know but I definitely went in there first thing this morning so that it was my number was transferred before my thing expired at the end of the day

@Natashamary666 wrote:

Actually have been talking to my new provider up until about 20 minutes ago and they just told me that there's not really much they can do to contact you so I don't know I'm just so confused my plan had an expired when I switched so it should have been super easy just to portr my number over you know what I mean I think I will just I don't know contact that thing that's at the bottom of your page when you can't get anything done with I know it's not your guys's phone you've been very helpful it's just been a stressful trying to keep my number that that I've had since I got brain cancer cuz I remember it right and it's just an important number that I need for a lot of things I can locked out of my government accounts and a whole bunch of other things as well right

What do you mean by contact us?  We don't work at Public Mobile.  You need to contact a CSA. Click the chat bubble and make a ticket to talk to them. Switching a number to a new provider's usually easy.  When it doesn't work, it's uually a wrong account number for the old provider that was given to the new provider.  You also had to keep your old Public Mobile sim in your phone to approve the port out.

@Natashamary666 wrote:

My new provider ..lo Dom drugs to see if they heard back as they told me too and msging here called Telus as I was told u we're connected  

The new provider can't do anything unless your Public Mobile plan is active. Did you ever contact Public Mobile?

Natashamary666

Actually have been talking to my new provider up until about 20 minutes ago and they just told me that there's not really much they can do to contact you so I don't know I'm just so confused my plan had an expired when I switched so it should have been super easy just to portr my number over you know what I mean I think I will just I don't know contact that thing that's at the bottom of your page when you can't get anything done with I know it's not your guys's phone you've been very helpful it's just been a stressful trying to keep my number that that I've had since I got brain cancer cuz I remember it right and it's just an important number that I need for a lot of things I can locked out of my government accounts and a whole bunch of other things as well right

Natashamary666

My new provider ..lo Dom drugs to see if they heard back as they told me too and msging here called Telus as I was told u we're connected  

@Natashamary666 wrote:

I have been posting and msging and calling all day and still not action still have some random number when .one should have been ported this morning

Who have you been calling? Pubilc Mobile doesn't have a call center.

@Natashamary666 wrote:

No my plan ended have been late tonight so it ended yesterday and I went and changed providers this morning and even the customer service at London drugs was confused why they wouldn't form well why you guys wouldn't want my number the the person on the phone with London drugs was very rude and so I've been trying for like 12 hours now to do this

London Drugs can't help and the activation help line they call for Public Mobile can't help. London Drugs customer service is supposed to know to tell you to come here and ask for help and not go to the store. You need to contact a Public Mobile CSA here to ask for a extension of your plan.   It's easier to just renew your Public Mobile plan by paying for another 30 days.  After you get your Public Mobile plan renewed, you need to get your new carrier to finish the rest. It's the new carrier's job to help you.

Natashamary666

I have been posting and msging and calling all day and still not action still have some random number when .one should have been ported this morning

Need Help? Let's chat.