cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly not receiving incoming calla

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi!

ive been with public for 2 years. No big issues. I’ve submitted a ticket and will explain what else I’ve done but didn’t know if anyone else has had a similar issue. I have an iPhone 8plus. Same phone number. Every once in awhile the last month or so I do not receive an incoming phone call, no notification or message, nothing. Then usually 2-3 days later I’ll get a prompt that I missed a call, but that doesn’t always happen. Sometimes there’s never a notification and I just find out when a friend says “hey I called you ...” I’m waiting for some important health news and this needs to be rectified ASAP! 

So far I’ve; 

Updated OS

powered down iphone and waited 10 min before rebooting 

Removed SIM and waited 10 min before reinstalling 

and now I’ve reached out to a MOD. 

anything else I can try in the meantime? Everything else works fine, and this is definitely not always happening. 

13 REPLIES 13

@bellaplace wrote:

A few things I would try:

First turn your wifi off and your data

then I would turn airplane mode off and then back on

then I would shut down and restart.

Also, do you have a limited amount of incoming calls?

Turning off Wi-Fi and mobile data should not make any difference. Now, of course, it's not impossible that the software in the device could be programmed badly, but data settings aren't related to phone calls.

If you're thinking that perhaps turning off data would force the phone onto to the HSPA-type network that is used for phone calls, that isn't the case either. Even with mobile data turned off, a device would still connect to the LTE network if that type of network is selected in the settings.

bellaplace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A few things I would try:

First turn your wifi off and your data

then I would turn airplane mode off and then back on

then I would shut down and restart.

Also, do you have a limited amount of incoming calls?

LoreckAvery

Update for everyone. I got a hold of a MOD, after they couldn’t fix it on their end I got transferred to tech support. They’ve been amazing! Because it’s intermittent it’s really hard to figure out what’s going on but they suspect it’s because on their end call forward was turned on but there was no number inputted. They think it would randomly try to forward the call and it would just get lost. So far so good, but the ticket is still open and we’re still waiting a week as I’m waiting for critical health news and need this to be in working order. Thanks for the help, even as I suspected it wasn’t a problem on my end. 

I'm not an iPhone guy but I'll try from some googling: (How to disable LTE)

• Tap settings app
  • tap cellular
  • Tap on the Cellular Data Options button
  • tap on Enable LTE.
  • Your choices here are Off, Voice & Data, or Data Only - Select Off

Hopefully that gets you close?

@LoreckAvery 

I know you have done some of this already....but here is a list of a few more things to do. 

@LoreckAvery wrote:

How do I do that? What about when I’m on wifi, that won’t matter, will it?

Wi-Fi isn't related to phone calls. Public Mobile doesn't even offer Wi-Fi calling. 

LoreckAvery

How do I do that? What about when I’m on wifi, that won’t matter, will it?

LoreckAvery

No never

Try disabling LTE by forcing the phone to 3G/HSPA/WCDMA mode so that it doesn't have to do the switcheroo dance from LTE to 3G to receive a call. This will also let you see how strong / reliable your 3G signal is when not on a call.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LoreckAvery 

Intermittents are terrible. Maybe an antenna issue? Maybe there's a slightly loose connector that maybe from a bump gets off a little and you miss incoming events.

Good point. @LoreckAvery  Has battery or screen on your phone ever been changed? The wire for the antenna may may have been dislodged a bit or not reconnected properly. There is a hard to detect “good feel” of a solid connection. 

@LoreckAvery 

You can always toggle airplane mode on/off to reconnect to the network.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@LoreckAvery reset your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LoreckAvery 

Intermittents are terrible. Maybe an antenna issue? Maybe there's a slightly loose connector that maybe from a bump gets off a little and you miss incoming events.

Need Help? Let's chat.