cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTT

baers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t seem to activate the RTT (real-time text) accessibility feature with Public Mobile for some reason. When I go to the RTT/TTY set-up in my iPhone, the RTT doesn’t even show up. 

Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baers : I'm pretty sure providers are required to accommodate. iirc there is IP Relay around here. I don't know if that would work for you. iirc TTY used to be a thing here but maybe IP Relay has bypassed it.

Here <- click

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@baers wrote:

I can’t seem to activate the RTT (real-time text) accessibility feature with Public Mobile for some reason. When I go to the RTT/TTY set-up in my iPhone, the RTT doesn’t even show up. 

Any suggestions? 

Great question, @baers 

I feel this is something you should ask Public Mobile for a response.   Please contact moderators to see if this service is one supported by Public Mobile.    You'll likely have to ask the Moderators to seek technical support within their ranks, as I'm doubtful this is a typical question the Moderators may receive.

Please do report back their response, if you choose to go that route.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@baers May be PM does not offer this feature. Have you had it enabled on any other carrier? Try a different sim from freind/family that are on a different provider. I just tested on my iPhone 6s which is on Bell, and I see the TTY on/off option. 

"Important: RTT and TTY aren’t supported by all carriers or in all countries or regions. RTT and TTY functionality depends on your carrier and network environment. When making an emergency call in the U.S., iPhone sends special characters or tones to alert the operator. The operator’s ability to receive or respond to these tones can vary depending on your location. Apple doesn’t guarantee that the operator will be able to receive or respond to an RTT or TTY call."
Set up and use RTT and TTY on iPhone - Apple Support

Need Help? Let's chat.