cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for more experienced users

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

i was was wondering if some of you more experienced members who have been with PM for 1 year or more can provide your valuable and honest feedback regarding the following:

With the thousands of new users joining PM due to the recent promo,

1.  Has the data speed slowed down a bit compared to before promo? 

2. Has call and signal quality decreased?

3. What was the customer service response time before promo?

4. Is there any realistic and honest answer to when we can expect the customer service response time to go back to normal?  

Thanks in advance for your honest and valuable feedback. 

7 REPLIES 7

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

1.  Data speed is the same and it won't change as we are on Telus network. 

2. Everything has been the same. 

3. Customer service was excellent before the promo. You post when mods are online and they help you right away. 

4. Now, this is pretty hard to tell. As long as, they don't do any new promo, they should be able to end with the back log. Even now, one of the mod is regularly online and helping though out the community. 

I am with Public Mobile for more than a year now so, I hope this will help you decide....

Hi. So far, Speed is normal, Mod response maybe a bit longer than the usual, But with Promo it taught all of us a valuable lesson

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I know Sarah_O was responding today to posts from December 6. Ditto to all the above answers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mana wrote:

Hello,

i was was wondering if some of you more experienced members who have been with PM for 1 year or more can provide your valuable and honest feedback regarding the following:

With the thousands of new users joining PM due to the recent promo,

1.  Has the data speed slowed down a bit compared to before promo? 

2. Has call and signal quality decreased?

3. What was the customer service response time before promo?

4. Is there any realistic and honest answer to when we can expect the customer service response time to go back to normal?  

Thanks in advance for your honest and valuable feedback. 

I am a fairly recent customer, but I think I can still add good insight to the questions.

1.  I doubt that there is a measurable difference.  This service runs on the Bell/Telus network.  The number of additional subscribers is a tiny fraction compared to the existing customer base.  For all the places I have used the service, the data performance has been satisfactory.

2.  I have made more calls in the past month than in year with my previous provider.  I have never had a dropped call.  Voice quality has been great.  Signal strength is dependent on the tower you connect to and its proximity to your location.  So, it can only decrease if you go further away from a tower and there is no other nearby tower to handoff to.

3.  I have signed up a whole bunch of accounts on the promotion.  The first one was in early November.  The response to a PM was within a few hours.  I think the response time only deteriorated when the bow wave of sign ups in the last week of the promotion coupled with many known issues with the portal led to the moderators being overwhelmed.  Some times it is really difficult to dig out of a hole when there are so many people screaming for immediate attention.

4.  I sense there is light at the end of the tunnel.  My last PM for lower priority concern was looked into a day ago. 

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

1. No, its exactly the same speed

2. No, its exactly the same quality

3. Same day

4. Now, you must send private message to mods

1 year for me, so welcome to you...

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I've not been here over a year, but I did join before the promo.  2 months before.

i can answer question 3.  It was at most, 48 hours by email.  Dealing with moderators in the forum, by PM, 36 max business hours.

that was with only two moderators.  Most issues answered by community members,

Question 4, I don't think there is an answer right now.  We truly don't know the call volume, and must rely only on what PM staff tell us.

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not that veteran, I signed up during the promo, but I can answer these. 

1) Nope

2) Nope

To expand on those two, Public runs on Telus's network. The network is more than capable of taking more customers. 

3) WIthin a couple hours, I have heard of less

4) Last post from PM stated they were 12 days behind but they have since brought on headcount. Based on the fact I have seen mods actually posting in the forums at the moment and less people freaking out about delays in response we might be getting close to fully caught up. 

Need Help? Let's chat.