cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

trdtdtd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do I need to cancel my old carrier my self or it will cancel by it self when I transfert my number to PM? (Come from Fido).

Thx

5 REPLIES 5

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you dont have to cancle when you port over it will automatic cancle one end for you. regarding about the speed, lte it would not be too bad, as other said it depends on area and type of phone you are using. some phone only allow 3g instead of 4g.

Tvisforme

This is not really a question that has an absolute answer, unfortunately. There are so many variables involved, such as location, cell tower you're connected to, frequency you're using at that moment, number of other customers on that tower, the electronics in your particular device, the weather... It is almost impossible to predict what results you will get.

I can say that from what I have read, people appear to be getting speeds comparable to the Telus and Koodoo networks, which would make sense given that they are one and the same. I've only done one speed test, in Vancouver, and I hit upwards of 30 MBs. It is much better than my old provider, Wind...

Taco

My speed test.net app showed 27.54mbps DOWN and 11.64mbps UP.  Its seems pretty typical for LTE.  Keep in mind that these tests do not show actual speeds.  It took about 10 seconds or so to download the app (14.4mb) so it downloaded at around 1-1.5mbps.

trdtdtd

Another question wht speed will we get with PM? I tested my data speed at home and its like 10.92 download (Note 5).

Tvisforme

Your old provider will cancel your account once the port process is complete. You do not want to cancel beforehand, otherwise you will lose your existing number.

Need Help? Let's chat.